Author Topic: YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD  (Read 2894 times)

[Buddie]

Re: YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 04:43:23 pm »
Hello all,
Here is the link to a new video from Jennifer Swan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrrL64cAGg
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022, 03:04:47 am »
Thanks [...] - I like the one on PTSD. I have worried that I will never recover from the absolute trauma of this process. What she talks about makes sense.
Weíre med injured - itís causing the main problem at least.

Iím down to 2.4mg of Valium and Iím in a good window. Itís such a nice reminder that Iím still ďinĒ here. I have had 2-3 days where I have actual interests in hobbies, I want to go out and do things, I donít have to play mental games to avoid unpleasant thoughts.

I have gone for drives, worked on projects at home, journaled and drew some! Music sounds good again. 2 weeks ago I couldnít tolerate music at all. Now it feels like my soul is awake. I did a yoga class and I felt like I was actually in the room. I usually feel like Iím on another planet and completely DP/DR during class. So, all that is to say, I know weíre still in here somewhere. I anticipate the window closing and diving back into a rough patch. I just decreased my dose 2 days ago. But I donít think weíre broken forever. (At least in my current state of mind 😂)
Itís so nice to come up for air every now and then.
Tree
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2022, 03:45:44 am »
Hi [...],
You are so welcome.  I love Jennifer's videos she makes everything so easy to understand and make sense.  I am so thankful that you found her videos.

I am so happy for you that you have had such a wonderful few days that is absolutely awesome.  It made me smile for you and gave me a great feeling.   I can't wait for those days and I hope your window stays open wide!!!  Thank you for sharing I needed this.

Hugs❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 08:23:55 pm »
Hi all,
Jennifer has posted another video... Intrusive thoughts

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 09:14:04 pm »
This is a great post. Thank you so much for sharing! Jenniferís voice really is soothing and her info helps so much.

Tree so happy you have a window!!
Take care everyone! One day at a time but I love that everyone is sharing resources that have helped.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2022, 09:22:34 pm »
Fruity yes her voice is very soothing.  I'm glad the videos are helping they are me too.

We can use all the support we can get!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2022, 07:44:30 pm »
A new video has been posted by Jennifer plus info for a documentary titled As Prescribed the link is below.

https://www.asprescribedfilm.com

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2022, 07:13:37 pm »
Jennifer has posted a video on anxiety.

https://youtu.be/XT2Fjs9LAXg

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2022, 04:15:35 am »
Thanks [...] - anxiety is one that comes and goes for me. When itís the main problem it is so exhausting. Iíve been trying to get out and do more and it truly does help. I make myself go to one yoga class a week. Sometimes I cry all the way through it, other times itís like a breakthrough to a new attitude and it changes everything. The bigger pool idea makes sense, and it works for me some days. Other days, no chance Iím going out 😂

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2022, 05:54:46 am »
Thanks [...] - anxiety is one that comes and goes for me. When itís the main problem it is so exhausting. Iíve been trying to get out and do more and it truly does help. I make myself go to one yoga class a week. Sometimes I cry all the way through it, other times itís like a breakthrough to a new attitude and it changes everything. The bigger pool idea makes sense, and it works for me some days. Other days, no chance Iím going out 😂

Hi Tree,
You're welcome.  I am so glad Jennifer is posting videos they have been so helpful.  So thankful you don't have to deal with anxiety every day though I know other symptoms are probably just as bad.  Its great that you go to yoga I think making yourself get out is a good thing  I just haven't gotten that far yet...if I don't have to leave the house I don't but I do know it helps.  I lost my mother last May I was basically her care taker but after she passed I didn't have to go anywhere so I just stopped and its not been good.  I am so sorry that sometimes you cry through yoga bless your heart but at least you are trying and hooray for the breakthroughs on other days.  You have come a long way on this journey.
Sending you hugs and prayers ❤🙏