Author Topic: YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD  (Read 2893 times)

[Buddie]

YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD
« on: February 17, 2022, 11:48:00 pm »
I found a channel on YouTube that has a few videos that address benzo [...]. The lady is a therapist herself and is in the middle of tapering. She has such a calming voice - itís like having a chat with a therapist that gets it. Iím always looking for hopeful benzo [...] videos on YouTube. There are so many scary ones out there.
Anyway, thought Iíd share.

I really like Part 1: digging the hole - I have read the book sheís talking about by Claire Weekes about anxiety. Itís nice to see it related to the whole benzo scene. 

Hope it can help
https://youtube.com/channel/UCUWQqty01rUUmeD77BFm9lg

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 02:20:29 am »
She has added a few more videos. One that is geared toward our loved ones/ care takers too.
They are helpful to me, so bumping this link.
🙏🏻
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 05:27:38 am »
Thanks for sharing this. Iím always looking for the non scary videos out there and these look promising. I like the fact that sheís a therapist as well. Not that Iím happy that sheís going through this too, but that aspect helps. Hopefully that makes sense. Thank you  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 06:05:49 pm »
I found a channel on YouTube that has a few videos that address benzo [...]. The lady is a therapist herself and is in the middle of tapering. She has such a calming voice - itís like having a chat with a therapist that gets it. Iím always looking for hopeful benzo [...] videos on YouTube. There are so many scary ones out there.
Anyway, thought Iíd share.

I really like Part 1: digging the hole - I have read the book sheís talking about by Claire Weekes about anxiety. Itís nice to see it related to the whole benzo scene. 

Hope it can help
https://youtube.com/channel/UCUWQqty01rUUmeD77BFm9lg

[...]

Thanks so much for sharing! Her voice really is soothing. I hope she creates one on symptoms.
Such as burning skin/body (my worst symptom), pain, fear, insomnia and others, to help us understand.

Blessings to you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 12:38:31 am »
Thank you so much for sharing these videos. They are validating and helpful. They are also another resource for us and our friends/families.
Thank you again. Aloha nui

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 02:31:49 am »
She is really into Claire Weeks.  Good resource that is not fear mongering and is rational. Will be interesting to see where her journey leads as she shares it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 03:31:38 am »
Thanks for sharing the resource -- I like that she is a therapist and can speak to it from that perspective as well as someone going through this.  I agree -- I hope she will do a few on specific symptoms --- and I have the burning skin, too, plus about fifty other things.   I would also like more on how to actually "accept" something like this.  I am trying but it feels like an uphill battle.   I liked the idea of pushing the beachball under the water only to have it come back up and hit you in the face harder -- that is what keeps happening to me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 06:30:56 pm »
Glad you all like them too. It will be interesting to see how things go for her along the way.
Itís nice to see someone stand up and try to make a difference in this crazy battle.
I  just canít wrap my head around how hard this has been - emotionally and physically.
Itís so hard to convince myself that this is really the way my life is and that the only way out is through.
I guess I can hate it all I want, but that doesnít change the reality.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 02:14:00 am »
I just saw a new one she posted that was really helpful.  It was breaking down the role of gaba and glutamate and why we have so many symptoms.  Iíll see if I can link it.  Iím thinking family Woukd benefit from hearing this as well

https://youtu.be/wkIi0sXh-0k

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 04:23:48 pm »
Thanks for sharing the resource -- I like that she is a therapist and can speak to it from that perspective as well as someone going through this.  I agree -- I hope she will do a few on specific symptoms --- and I have the burning skin, too, plus about fifty other things.   I would also like more on how to actually "accept" something like this.  I am trying but it feels like an uphill battle.   I liked the idea of pushing the beachball under the water only to have it come back up and hit you in the face harder -- that is what keeps happening to me.

I agree with you. The idea of "floating" as presented by Claire Weeks does not work for harsh or acute symptoms. All I can do is breathe and wait in a lot of distress as opposed to freaking out. Floating Is too benign when the waves come raging, and I also fear those waves will smash and deflate the beach ball on jagged rocks. Sometimes crying for a long time helps. Some yoga (for me) if I'm not too dizzy.   Practicing acceptance is something I feel I have no choice about when it's bad. That usually looks very passive. But floating? No, not for the bad spells. If I can release some cortisol, (back to the yoga) that will help.

I still like what she has to say.

I want to share another resource on YouTube, The anxious truth. Hundreds of podcasts, including interviews with doctors. They, have a series on "Hope and help for your Nerves," by Claire Weeks. It is chapter by chapter, pretty good series. Drew also is familiar with other Titans in this battle. I find his pod casts quite helpfull, it's a matter of finding the right one at the right time. Instead of floating, he presents desensitization as a way to gradually  calm down the brain with practice.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Thatanxietyguy/videos
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 04:31:41 pm by [Buddie] »