Clonazepam dry taper

[Bo...]

I am currently at .185mg Clonazepam taken at night only and definitely struggling. Tapered with DMT method  from .625mg last March. Have had a very difficult time, no windows but symptoms have eased here and there. Went gluten free, dairy free, sugar free in fall ‘20 after coming down from 75mg Clonazepam (orig dose given for sleep in April ‘20).

I’ve used the Gemini scale(I have three to make sure all are similar ballpark)  I’ve read about on here, have followed a micro taper using the file/shave which is now every 5-6 days gi even dosage and symptoms. Have the spreadsheet someone developed here and I use that to rate my symptoms. I know from my genetic testing Valium and Librium are not possible given I’m an ultra rapid metabolizer of these. So I’m trying to just do the direct taper all the way.

I am curious about yye crushing of powder and weighing that bc I tested out this…… took a .25mg (.084g weight) piece of Clonazepam .5mg pill (split with pill cutter at score line)and crushed with spoon. The powder weight all crushed up didn’t equate to .084g, it was .071g).

My mind isn’t super clear these days so am I missing something? Should the two equate? Or do you need more powder to equal the tablet amount weight? With more powder needed wouldn't this mean more of the benzo?

I am not wanting to try liquid at this point bc I’m already overwhelmed and shaving and weighing seem easier for me. However I’ve always wondered even though the .5mg tablets are scored, how it’s distributed on 1/2 of the pill, and if this is causing me issues. I split .5 in half with pill cutter, then file from one side of the .25mg piece and weigh til I get down to weight I need in grams. Currently .062g or .185mg of Clonazepam and decrease by .001g every 5-6 days.

Thanks for the help!

I'm sorry, I can't help you with your question on the actual weight of the pill. I have also used a scale before and I know when you get to the lower numbers it can get a bit tricky especially if you're trying to remove 0.001mg at a time. For what it's worth, I have used this method with relatively good success: https://benzodrytapermath.com/ 

The basic premise is you add microcrystalline cellulose to your crushed pills to add more weight to the scale in order to make it easier and more accurate.

Hopefully someone else can help you with your real question.

[8d...]

Hi there.  I do not have an answer to your question but I'm following your post with interest. 

I'm at a low dose and it won't be long before I cannot get an accurate weight.  Not sure what to do about that.  I'd really like to taper all the way down but I do not want to do a liquid taper. 

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]