Author Topic: Inner restlessness, anyone else?  (Read 983 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Inner restlessness, anyone else?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 05:15:50 pm »
I so agree. 3 months isnt very long in benzo wd.
Every symptom you mentioned is, unfortunately, normal. Always keep in mind the basics of benzo wd. Benzos work on a specific part of your brain. The amygdala is our "Fear Center." It causes the "fight or flight" thing. So when you take the benzos OUT of the amygdala, all hell can break loose. You have gaba receptors all throughout your body, so almost any sort of symptom can occur. The brain will heal itself, and does NOT need anything to interfere with this, by taking,  perhaps, a supplement or making a diet change None of those will change how quickly and well you heal.
The human brain is pretty amazing. It can repair itself even after a brain injury, like a stroke, or benzo wd. There is NO good evidence that permanent brain damage can happen after benzo wd. If so,  I'd have a seriously damaged brain! Good heavens, I took huge benzo doses every night for thirty years. Yikes! But here I, am with a brain that functions a whole lot better than it was when I took all those damn benzos. I can honestly tell you that thirty years of benzos wrecked both my physical and mental health. The sad thing about this is that THIS nurse had NO idea benzos could do this. That came as a real shock to me. I wasnt told this in college, and nor did I hear it in a 30 year history of being an RN. I worked in an acute psych unit and also in a detox. I NEVER sas told how horrific benzo wd can be for some people.
[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 06:43:42 am »
Nice to see ya [...]!

She is a good OG you guys in case you didn't  know ;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 08:15:24 am »
Hello [...] thanks for reaching out! [...] what is an OG please?

The inner restlessness and anxiety are eating me alive these days. I don't know what to do anymore and am afraid I lose control over it. I want to crawl out of my skin. I'm 3 months out now and some symptoms seem to have lessened but this restlessness (mental akathesia?) is ramping up.

With it come panic and anxiety and sometimes I get so detached from my surroundings I think I'm losing my mind.

[...].
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 01:54:47 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 07:04:48 am »
Hey [...],
An OG is just a slang term for "original gangster" but can me more like an "old school person" or someone who has been around a while. I was just using it as enduring term since she has been around a while and knows what she's talking about. :smitten:

I'm so sorry the akethesia is still hardcore for you.
What things are you doing to try and get through it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2022, 08:35:36 am »
Hi [...], thanks for explaining. I try to distract as much as I can, but if I do too much it seems to backfire. I take walks, I do the groceries, I cook and sometimes I meet a friend.

There really seems to be a pattern now with the mornings being particularly bad, and the late afternoon symptoms clear up a bit, and evenings I sometimes feel much better.

Sleep also seems to improve, but I still wake up every night in terror and anxiety lasting until morning and into the day.

Thanks again for reaching out, [...].  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 09:07:36 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 09:42:20 pm »
Inner restlessness? At 5 years out - still can't sit still (as least for long). I walk almost every day and it helps to calm me down because I get so exhausted from it. I'm not saying it's easy- it isn't because I am in deep brain fog and my eyesight is foggy and I have high pitched ringing in my ears and the strange sensation that my feet aren't touching the ground - so I play music loud in my earbuds and just try to focus on the beat and feel my legs moving to it. And, guess what - it has its benefits because I am now in decent aerobic shape. Hate to reveal to you that I'm 5 years out - it definitely can be different for you and I hope it is... Just my two cents...