Author Topic: Inner restlessness, anyone else?  (Read 977 times)

[Buddie]

Inner restlessness, anyone else?
« on: February 16, 2022, 09:30:28 am »
Hello all, I'm almost 2.5 months off of a Detox of 22.5mg  Valium. Some symptoms have lessened, like dizzyness, wobbly legs and migraines. But other symptoms have emerged or are getting stronger.

My main concern now is severe inner restlessness. I stays with me everyday and I can't find a break from it. It seems to be connected with very high tensions in my body. I'm very tired but can't rest.

Other symptoms: insomnia, racing thoughts, sensory disturbances (the shower hurts, light is too bright, noise too loud, body feels strange), brain zaps, anxiety, DP/DR, nerve pains, nausea, severe inner tensions, burning skin, tinnitus.

I might have forgotten a few, but the inner restlessness makes that I can't rest for a moment, and I so need that. I also feel very nauseated in my head with brain-zaps. I have to lay down a lot now.

Yesterday it got so bad with all the symptoms that I thought I might loose control. I think about taking Valium a lot but I know it is not the solution.

Maybe someone who has experienced this can tell me if this will go away. I'm afraid and don't know what to do.

Thanks, [...].

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 10:24:05 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Inner restlessness, anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 05:31:57 pm »
i had all those, and more, severe restlessness,  what i call as inner akhatisia plus agony or chemical terror, a mix of everything,  something really hard to endure, at 3 months i noticed a little of improovment,  nothing muchz at 6 and 7 months off besides of a good decraese i would fear the next day at evenings because of so much... it will get better/easier  keep doing what yourl doing(surviving) , hopefully other folks will chime in
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 05:58:49 pm »
I had the same problem. I was so restless and extremely nervous, and wanted to crawl out of my own skin. Sometimes I just wanted to scream mayday, mayday! I tried to read, but I couldn't focus.

But I have read many posts about this, so it seems to be part of the recovery. I hope you feel better soon.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 08:02:12 pm »
yes i have the same exact feeling. but i didnt used benzos for a year. i think benzos are safe for rare and occasional use.i mean.a bottle of some low potent benzos per 5-6monthuse. i have the same exact inner restlessness,but i think the ativan caused it in your case,thats a strong benzo,valium isnt that strong. but depends on ppl,we arent the same

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 05:10:40 am »
Hey there
Yep had all that! The inner restlessness (akethesia) was at its worst for me at 2 months off.
The person that said "mayday mayday", yep.....I screamed " I need out!! I need out right now. I need out of my body right now"!!
It SUCKED!! But it did definitely go away for me by 4 months. Most of the other stuff got better too. And by 6 months off I only had the debilitating nerve pain and muscle weakness.
But all that other stuff, the noise to loud, light too bright, the brain zaps, the nausea......it all cleared out around 4- 6 months for me
Everyone is different, but the point is that it may go away for some faster than others.... But it can  go away!!!!!

Just keep going!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 07:45:18 am »
And I can't talk to other people. I'm talking too fast, and so nervous. And they probably think I'm hysterical. My inner voice is screaming run!

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 09:14:59 am »
Hi [...], [...], Platoon and [...], thanks for your replies and support, I really need it now. Yesterday I was feeling so much sensory disturbances that I started to read a lot on BB and the Internet about detox-c/t and recovery, and I encountered some pretty scary stories. I know I shouldn't do that but I was looking for some confirmation that I was going to be allright. Instead of finding relief I became very anxious.

So now my anxiety about my situation has ramped up considerably to the point that I am in a constant state of fear and have waves of anxiety going through my body even when I try to distract myself. I can barely hold on and worst-case scenario's are going through my head.

This comes on top of all the other symptoms that I have.

I'm worse now than I was a week ago, and that makes me even more anxious, the fear that I am not going to heal takes over.

How can my CNS get so revved up in month 3?

Thanks again for your help, [...].  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:28:20 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 11:21:55 am »
you will heal brother,personal experience! i thought the same,the sensory disturbances arent problem for me anymore,it was terryfing,just like everything. the inner restlessness also kills me along with the DPDR. but 2-3month and it'll be fine i guess,i slept almost good tonight even if i didnt felt the sleep at all,but i did. and the drunk feeling is also there

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 04:52:20 am »
[...],
How can your cns be this bad in month 3?
Because it's only month 3!  I know that it seems like forever but 3 months is really not in this situation. Basically at this point you are just making it through each day, sometimes each hour or minute.
It is absolutely horrible, and no human should ever have to suffer this much!. But take it from me......we make it!!!!
I am considered to be a very worst case CT/rapid, and I still made it! You can too! I'm not exactly sure how we do ....but we do
It was survivable for me and tons of others. Even though at the time I could NOT believe that I would ever get better.
But I am!
Please keep going, use BB for support and resources, but don't go looking at stories.
Use it for resources to maybe help support you with the most debilitating symptoms, see how others survived them.
And be kind and patient with yourself.
Much love  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 11:05:47 am »
Hi [...] and Platoon, thanks again for reaching out. Your replies give me strength and I have read them many times. I hope you are doing well.

Thanks again, [...].  :thumbsup: