Author Topic: Healed  (Read 3472 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Healed
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2022, 04:47:31 pm »
[...], I canít thank you enough for taking the time to write this well thought out and beautifully stated post.  you captured so much of what is true and so difficult about withdrawal. Of course I am very very very happy for you. I am at 5+ years and struggling with a setback, but even so reading what you have written is a big inspiration. Thank you again so very much.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2022, 05:20:55 am »
It's nice to see someone from France on here! My family is from the southwest near the Pyrenees, and I got to visit there and other parts of France about 20 years ago. Anyway, your words really gave me the mental boost that I've needed lately. My mind has had such a hard time lately coming to terms with the fact that my mental state is temporary and things will be so much better once I'm off this poison. I've been on Valium for 7 years now, and while it bums me out I've been on it that long I've been fighting a war on three fronts. There's the benzo, opiates which I've just come off of (again), and I'm also an addict that chronically relapses on opiates. It really does help to hear from someone who has crossed over to the other side and knows what it feels like to heal from this ordeal, because when you're in the thick of it it's hard to see reality as any different. So thanks for writing this and congrats on all the progress you've made.
So, you're partly french ?
In the thick of it, it is pure hell. One needs reminders from someone who is not glued in the peculiar mental process of this healing.
I hope life will me smoother soon, for you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2022, 05:26:02 am »
[...], I canít thank you enough for taking the time to write this well thought out and beautifully stated post.  you captured so much of what is true and so difficult about withdrawal. Of course I am very very very happy for you. I am at 5+ years and struggling with a setback, but even so reading what you have written is a big inspiration. Thank you again so very much.
One thing I found important was to remind myself that what I was living, although sometimes unbearable, was a Life anyway. We tend to appreciate life only when it is pleasant (obviously). In those situations, it is best to look at it as a healing process, which has an even deeper value. Also, you'll get to the end of it anyway.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2022, 05:30:43 am »
I really appreciate this description and interpretation of what is going on here. I am so grateful for your success story today. I really needed it. I also appreciate hearing that this can be a long journey. It is difficult to hold on when you think "I should be fine by now".... Anyway,Thank you!!!!
Right ! "I should be fine by now" is useless and irrelevant. I struggled with this idea I read many times that it would take 18 months or so to heal completely.  Our paths are different. What we need to revive though is the soothing thought or feeling that what is happening is a healing porcess, that we are not wasting our life. Hang in there.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2022, 04:25:40 am »
Thank you [...] your story gives me hope.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2022, 04:27:09 am »
[...], when you started healing was it a slow process? I am 40 months off zopiclone was forced by GP to CT, which obviously contributed to prolonged withdrawal. Did  experience a couple of windows fir first time recently, but  was was thrown into a bad wave just after. Is this the nature of healing one step forward, 2 step back continually. Just appreciate any positivity you can throw my way!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 05:26:59 am by [Buddie] »