Author Topic: Healed  (Read 3476 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Healed
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 09:50:17 pm »
It's been 5.5 years since I jumped CT and I can have a beer or 2 or a glass of wine or 2 without any issues.  I was too afraid to drink anything for about the first 3 years after my CT and only tried non-alcoholic beverages, today I can drink if and when I want to, but I am not a big drinker and don't drink much anyway.

After you are mostly healed, one glass of wine here and there shouldn't be an issue?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 11:26:57 pm »
It's been 5.5 years since I jumped CT and I can have a beer or 2 or a glass of wine or 2 without any issues.  I was too afraid to drink anything for about the first 3 years after my CT and only tried non-alcoholic beverages, today I can drink if and when I want to, but I am not a big drinker and don't drink much anyway.

After you are mostly healed, one glass of wine here and there shouldn't be an issue?
:thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2022, 12:39:02 am »
@Newbie - Just my 2 cents from experience, I thought I was basically healed and had a couple beers and 1-2 glasses of wine on vacation in FL and it royally messed me up and tossed me way back with all symptoms returning big time beginning with really bad insomnia that same night. That was 1.5 years ago and I havenít improved one bit since. I would not risk it...not worth it whatsoever!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 01:00:55 am »
@Newbie - Just my 2 cents from experience, I thought I was basically healed and had a couple beers and 1-2 glasses of wine on vacation in FL and it royally messed me up and tossed me way back with all symptoms returning big time beginning with really bad insomnia that same night. That was 1.5 years ago and I havenít improved one bit since. I would not risk it...not worth it whatsoever!

tyson224 How long were you on benzos and what was your recovery period?  Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 01:13:11 am »
[...] - I took Clonazepam .5mg nightly for about a year and felt about 90% recovered after 3 years or so before the alcohol ruined it all...

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 01:15:47 am »
Beautiful, beautiful testimony of recovery. Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 05:41:46 am »
Thank you [...] what you have written is beautiful and gives me hope. ❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 08:38:53 am »
Thank you [...] for coming back and sharing this and giving us hope.  Question:  have you been so brave to try alcohol/glass of wine occasionally?  I have heard so many mixed posts on this topic and I am hopeful that once fully recovered, I can enjoy a glass of wine with friends?
Hi. No, I was not brave enough for a long time. I could feel there would be a problem with it. However, in the past year, since everything improved, an occasional glass of wine went fine. No side-effects. You will be able to enjoy life soon in the same way !

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 08:48:16 am »
Je vous adresse mes plus vifs remerciements :smitten: :smitten:!!
Ahah ! Merci  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 03:09:51 pm »
I havent posted in the forum before but have read and reread most of these success stories for about a year and a half now (at least) and Id thought id chime in that this was really well put together and A very good read, I'm glad you are doing better, Thanks for sharing