Xanax

[Yo...]

So my psychiatrist recommended that I start to tamper off xanax with gabapentin 300mg twice a day while slowly cut down on xanax anyone had any experience with gabapentin?

I don't have experience but many of our members use it, have you used it in the past? We don't always react to other medications or supplements when going through this, our central nervous system is very sensitive so it's important to consider this when deciding to add adjunctive drugs.

You can find a lot of information about Gabapentin on the Other Medications board, plus there is a support group for those wishing to taper from it. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84267.0

Can you tell us what your doctor has suggested in the way of tapering?  Hopefully your doctor is suggesting a reasonable taper?

It would also help if you added your medication history into your signature, that way we can see at a glance what's going on without having to search your posts to find it.  Here are the instructions, if you need help putting the information in, let us know. Add your history/signature