Thankful for a good night of sleep.

[El...]

I am 5 days from jump. Night by night the amount of sleep was getting shorter. Night before last it was 2 hours. Awful to lay there with an exhausted body and a mind that would not quiet. I watched some videos that led me to find a supplement to help. I decided on Calm Sleep formula.Thanks to Amazons same day delivery was able to take it last night. They suggest you start with half a tsp so I did. I slept for approx. 1.5 hours so I took another half tsp and that was the magic dose. Slept 6 hours straight woke for a potty break and then slept another 2.5 hours. Still a little drowsy and have a little bit of headache but water is helping with that. I will definitely keep this one in my arsenal.

Please take the time to create a signature so people know what you were on and for how long...

Hopefully severe insomnia won't be one of your primary WD symptoms?

Congratulations on your improved sleep! That must feel great. I have had months of 0-to-2-hour nights, so I know the feeling all too well. As TheWay2 says: Sleep will return. I am glad you found a supplement that helps you. That's wonderful.

HM

i took magnesium citrate, fianlly a good night s sleep. i took too much actually 1200 mg.  what is the recommeded dose ?

somw people say that transdermal is better cos it doent go thr the kidneys. . anyone recommend a GOOD magneiiium  via the skin? 

Perhaps the tablet is just fine .

I have not slept withot medicines for 35 years and now this magnesium has done it. Thank you

I take magnesium every night too. I take 1500 but I know that is a very high dose. I take it to stay regular and help with bone density although if it helps with sleep too, that's great. I take a whole handful of pills at night, lol. I have for years. I am finally up to 5 hours average sleep a night. Last night was 6 or 7.

HM

It would probably give the average person diarrhea, but it keeps me regular as I am constipated without it. I am not sure if it helps with my sleep as I take 50mg diphenhydramine and 10mg melatonin too. 

HM

Magnesium glycinate (magnesium bound with glycine, a non-essential amino acid) is one of the most bioavailable and absorbable forms of magnesium, and also the least likely to induce diarrhea. It is the safest option for long-term use.

I am now 12 days from my jump and the insomnia  is still pretty bad. Turns out the Calm sleep supplement was not the right help. The Gaba and melatonin heighten my withdrawal symptoms. Probably because they can work on the same receptors that the benzos do.