Tapering plan: (q about ativan to valium x-over)

[Ch...]

Hey Friends,

I’m posting for a friend who is too deep into cogfog to post right now. She needs help figuring out a taper from ativan. She’s following Ashton, currently taking 0.5 mg ativan 3x/day and 5 mg valium 1x/day. The valium has helped, but also brought unpleasant side effects.

So she’s at a crossroads: keep following Ashton toward valium or try to taper directly from ativan. If she sticks to the valium plan, the schedule is cutting one 0.5 mg ativan per month. From what I’ve seen on the forums, cutting a whole dose at once seems pretty fast.

Could y’all offer a couple of suggested options from this point? I tapered straight from valium, so haven’t been able to offer her useful advice. Thanks!

I see what you mean about the big Ativan reductions on the Ashton table.  I guess Ashton assumed that the diazepam would be on board to make up for the Ativan decrease.  I suppose that instead of decreasing 0.5 one could decrease 0.25 and then do that again in a couple of weeks, depending on how things are going.

Hey Friends,

I’m posting for a friend who is too deep into cogfog to post right now. She needs help figuring out a taper from ativan. She’s following Ashton, currently taking 0.5 mg ativan 3x/day and 5 mg valium 1x/day. The valium has helped, but also brought unpleasant side effects.

So she’s at a crossroads: keep following Ashton toward valium or try to taper directly from ativan. If she sticks to the valium plan, the schedule is cutting one 0.5 mg ativan per month. From what I’ve seen on the forums, cutting a whole dose at once seems pretty fast.

Could y’all offer a couple of suggested options from this point? I tapered straight from valium, so haven’t been able to offer her useful advice. Thanks!

Ativan was a horrible taper for me agonizing sxs and interdose wd. I did taper fast but it still was very hard which is why I crossed to Valium

It’s been a much smoother ride. It still sucks but no where near the Ativan.

Joeb