Author Topic: 3.5 months since jumped-Insomnia  (Read 978 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 3.5 months since jumped-Insomnia
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 08:16:27 pm »
Thanks, [...]! I am happier working. It gives my life more purpose. I am not getting any younger (53), so I worry about the future now.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 03:17:35 pm »
update:

I am going through a phase of about 4 hours per night but last night was only 1.5 hours. It would appear I have months to go before I am consistently sleeping 7 or 8+ hours per night. I will keep you updated on my progress, so you can know another person's insomnia experience coming off Xanax.

I am working part time and it does help my depression and anxiety. Both the money does and the activity.

Take care,

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 04:07:19 pm »
update:

I am going through a phase of about 4 hours per night but last night was only 1.5 hours. It would appear I have months to go before I am consistently sleeping 7 or 8+ hours per night. I will keep you updated on my progress, so you can know another person's insomnia experience coming off Xanax.

I am working part time and it does help my depression and anxiety. Both the money does and the activity.

Take care,

[...]

[...]. I just went through about two weeks of perceived next to no sleep.  The veteran buddies told me to expect this down the road and to accept it as part of healing.  Just now getting back to my 5 to 6 hours of broken sleep. I am hanging in there with you!  I just finished month 9 post CT.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 07:54:06 pm »
[...] and Newbie,

As you are both painfully aware of, sleep "waves" or "setbacks" can and do occur after sleeping well for days, weeks, or even months.  Just do your best to power through until they even out.

You've got this!   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 10:58:22 pm »
Newbie,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps me to not feel alone. I am sorry you went through a 2-week period of very little sleep and I am glad you are having a good run at the moment.

[...],

You always say just the right thing at the right time. You're the best! This is a long, hard road and you help make it easier.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 04:45:50 pm »
Just checking in.

I am going on 6 months and my sleep is still not stable but, as [...] says, that is just part of the healing process.

I had a 7-hour night a few nights ago, last night was 4 to 5 hours. I have met a few people who have slept 2 to 4 hours for YEARS and just acclimated to it. Seems unreal to me, but I guess it happens.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 10:15:50 am »
Hey all..  it's so reassuring to read all your check ins.  Thanks.   At 5 months post jump I feel like my sleep ranges somewhere in the middle of the pack.    Tonight I'm struggling but I've got stuff on my mind.  This last week I'm getting 5 to 6 hours... I'm awake every hour or so, but have been able to drop back to sleep.   I've been ecstatic about that too.

TheWay.... you have vastly reassured me with your generous summary.  It's so easy to lose hope when you've gone through those sleepless patches.   I guess we are all healing  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2022, 10:28:12 am »
Just days away from going into my 11th month post CT.  Currently at about 6 to 7 hours of sleep waking up about 2 to 3 times.  Takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to fall asleep.  Went into a wave that lasted about two weeks six weeks ago.  Still have tinnitus and infrequent head/neck pressure.  I wrote a letter to myself of when I am sleeping well and feeling good to read to help me pull myself if and most likely the next wave comes in.  Hey, we are making progress!  Every day is one day closer to healing - it just is so crazy how long it takes!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2022, 12:16:32 pm »
Approaching two years off benzos, sleep is good most nights for me.  I thought this was never going to happen during my first year so I had to put my faith in that those members who had healed said - that it will get better and it has. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 10:57:57 am »
Just days away from going into my 11th month post CT.  Currently at about 6 to 7 hours of sleep waking up about 2 to 3 times.  Takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to fall asleep.  Went into a wave that lasted about two weeks six weeks ago.  Still have tinnitus and infrequent head/neck pressure.  I wrote a letter to myself of when I am sleeping well and feeling good to read to help me pull myself if and most likely the next wave comes in.  Hey, we are making progress!  Every day is one day closer to healing - it just is so crazy how long it takes!
I am in a wave... I was also getting 5,5 to 6,5 hrs most nights for almost 2 months, then I got a wave, its been lasting 4 or 5 weeks (getting worse sleep wise, other re-returned symptoms easing up a bit), and I agree its so hard to believe I was sleeping better, I am glad I kept a log.