Need help with water titration plan

[Ia...]

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right place to ask. But where do I go to get a water titration schedule? I saw that you shouldn’t pm anyone to ask. So I’m not sure where to post or who to ask. I’m on 1 mg Ativan a day. Splitting it into .25 4 times a day. Every 6 hours. I’ve been doing this for at least a few years. Before that I only took it as needed. Unfortunately went through withdrawal with another psych drug and had to take the Ativan more often. And now that’s why I’m taking it every 6 hours. I know my body is addicted. I just want to get off of it, but slowly. None of the Dr’s I’ve asked have been Of any help with weaning off of it. I can’t drink milk or alcohol. I can only do oat milk. So I guess water will have to be my liquid. Any help is greatly appreciated!

There are other options for titration, for one, Ativan comes in liquid form from the manufacturer, would you doctor be willing to write you a script for it? https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov

You also have a choice of shaving, grinding or crushing your pills and weighing on a jewelers scale.

This document lists some other methods for help in dissolving the pills other than milk and alcohol, let us know how you feel about what I've laid out. Titration FAQ's

I feel your first option might be to consider asking your doctor for smaller mg pills so you can continue dry cutting.

We will will be happy to help you but we don't make taper schedules for members.  I did a water taper for the last bit of my clonazepam taper using the method in this short YouTube video.  This method was easy to mix and to use:

My taper was shorter than 300 days because I used less water but you can make it whatever length you want.  With a water taper you just have to be sure you shake it well and take it immediately because the pills don't fully dissolve.  What I suggest you do it watch the video and see if that seems like something you can do or if you have any questions.

Thanks guys. I don’t want to ask my Dr for a smaller dose. It’s a PCP and they never know how to correctly and slowly help you get off Benzos. At least in my experience. It seems like they always think you can get off of it in 2 weeks. And I’m also afraid to ask for the liquid form. I’m terrified that they’ll try to take me off of Ativan too quickly. I’ve tried to wean off before and went too fast. I think water titration may be my best bet. I have a food scale but no jeweler’s scale. I didn’t want to have to buy one. But I’ll look into getting one. I’ll check out the video and other links. Thanks again!

Let us know what you decide, we'll be happy to help you work up a plan of action.  I understand not wanting to invest too much money but most of our members pay about 25.00 for jewelers scale through amazon.

I think your concerns about asking for your doctors help are valid, that seems to be the medical standard for now at least.