Author Topic: .25mg of Klonopin taper  (Read 2858 times)

[Buddie]

Re: .25mg of Klonopin taper
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2022, 08:28:55 pm »
Sounds like things are going really well. I'm really happy for. Please keep us updated. You've come a long way!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2022, 01:42:52 am »
Thank you, [...] and [...]. Thank you for your wonderful support. I just know how bad this drug really is and that's why I had to go off it and any feel the same about any benzodiazepems or any other dangerous drug. I have to find other ways to get rid of anxiety and insomnia (why I started to take it last Feb. 2021). I pray the anxiety and increase in the tremor calm down considerably and soon. It's worse when I'm home in the morning and in the afternoon. I need to be busier out of the apartment and be distracted from it.

I will keep you up to date. I'm thinking of not taking Trazodone tonight and seeing how well I sleep without it. I don't want to be dependent on another pill - so easy to fall back into. I don't want to make it harder for myself but I might just see what happens.

I hope you are both doing well. I'll write again soon.

Warm wishes,

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »
Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Iris

[Buddie]

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2022, 11:13:17 pm »
Thank you, Iris! I want to put it in the rear view mirror and be totally back to normal again. Thank you for your support.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2022, 03:40:21 pm »
Hi All,

I am off the clonazepam completely for 28 days. Hallelujah. But my anxiety is worse as are the tremors. Any advice on how to deal with both please? Hard especially in the mornings recently.

Thank you!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2022, 08:00:59 pm »
Wow, 28 days is awesome katyee - congratulations to you!

Learning new ways to deal with anxiety and life in general became the second phase of my recovery.  In the early days I relied heavily on distraction which was, for me, staying busy with things that weren't stressful and I wasn't particular and what I did.  I crocheted a bunch of hats and afghans, walked a lot, cleaned my house (closets and drawers too!), cooked - anything that burned off the excess energy and kept my mind occupied. 

Oh, and I didn't lay in bed in the morning when what I call "The Committee" is meeting in my head and giving me negative messages - I got up and got going even when I hadn't slept well.

[Buddie]

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2022, 08:27:13 pm »
Good advice, [...]. Yes. Getting busy in many activities. I hope the anxiety got better at some point for you. How long did that take for you?

Thank you!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2022, 10:05:04 pm »
For me, anxiety improved as I tapered and I began to feel better than I had in a very long time.  But I was on benzos many years and had bad tolerance-related anxiety.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 09:44:21 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2022, 11:41:03 pm »
Unfortunately I don't really have any advice. I still struggle with it. I notice when I focus on it it becomes worse. I'm currently reading a book on breathing that a friend gave me. She swears it cured her asthma. The book talks about correct breathing to help anxiety and lots of other conditions. In the long covid groups I'm in, they also focus a lot on breathing techniques to calm the nervous system. This seems to be something I'm coming across a lot lately. It might be helpful to look into it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2022, 10:36:26 pm »
Thank you, [...] and [...] for your replies. I will look into natural ways to reduce anxiety. I will exercise more often and meditate more often. Breathing techniques sound good too. Thanks for your advice.

[...]