Author Topic: .25mg of Klonopin taper  (Read 2828 times)

[Buddie]

Re: .25mg of Klonopin taper
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 12:07:50 am »
I know a lot of members said they found this post very helpful:
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0

It becomes easier to accept over time and you learn to function on whatever sleep you get. Like I said it's not a walk in the park, but you learn to live with it because you know this is not going to last forever. Short term pain for long term gain.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 02:41:58 am »
Thank you. It is helpful. It sounds like my sleep coach a little. Acceptance.
It doesn't sound easy but it's good information. Thank you again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 01:14:21 am »
Hi,
Another question. I keep a running log. In Jan. 2022 I did take . 5 mg of clonazepam on certain nights - a half dozen. But the majority of nights I was taking . 25 mg of clonazepam. As I mentioned, my start in taking clonazepam was .5 mg in Feb. 2021; reduced it to .25 mg in July 2021 but did take .5 mg on some nights after that. So, wanted to withdraw from it starting in Jan. 2022 and most nights took .25 mg but a few nights .5 mg. And starting Feb. 1, 2022, I took only . 25 mg each night. I feel somewhat anxious now but not sure if that's a withdrawal effect or not. Should I wait to taper (go down by .0625 mg) until the end of Feb.? I'm going to try and shave .0625 mg from .25 mg).

Can I count the start of withdrawal as Jan. 2022 or really Feb. 2022 (not July 2021 bc I did take .5 mg certain nights?)? Any suggestions please?

btw, I am trying 135 mg magnesium citrate for anxiety 2x today and eliminated melatonin at night but take 300 mg neurontin an hour before bed and . 25 mg clonazepam (for sleep). I don't want to take neurontin more than once a day for help with sleep and withdrawal.

Thank you very much for your ongoing help.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 01:29:17 am »
I'm not sure what you're asking, why does it matter when you count the start of withdrawal?  Sorry, I'm not understanding.   :-[

Also, if you're only feeling "somewhat anxious" to me that means you're most likely stable which means its probably time to make a reduction.  We define stable as able to carry out your daily tasks, it doesn't mean feeling good.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 01:33:34 am »
I agree with [...]. After 18 days on 0.25mg only and not reporting major symptoms, you should be fine to start tapering.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 02:18:08 am »
Thank you both very much. Yes. I was asking when it would be a reasonable time to start tapering further and you just answered that question very well. I am functioning, although with an amount of anxiety that's somewhat uncomfortable but I can manage it.

My psychiatrist asked me to continue at .25 mg until next Wednesday when we meet. I might have mentioned that I expressed disappointment that she didn't take me off of zoloft sooner (on it for many years and have an unpleasant hand tremor now) and clonazepem sooner and she was upset/felt criticized. I apologized in three messages but she hasn't called me back but we have an appointment next Wed. I guess I should hold to her advice of staying at that level but am anxious to continue the tapering. I guess I just want to be off this terrible drug soon although I am worried about how my sleep will be effected and don't want any bad side effects.

Please add any additional advice you may have. I'm upset about all I'm reading and hearing about psychiatry and psychiatric drugs on youtube for example. It's eye opening to say the least.

You're both very helpful to me.

Thank you so much.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 03:40:39 am »
If your relationship with your prescribing psychiatrist is rocky at the moment, it might just be better to follow her instructions and wait a few days before tapering to try and mend the relationship - what do you think? Is she on board with you leading the taper and making decisions on reductions?

I understand when we first realize what these types of meds are and what they do it's scary and confusing. A year ago I was "you". I searched the internet about all these drugs and it was terrifying. I came here to BB and to be honest, sometimes it was terrifying as well. People said read the Success Stories but at that stage I couldn't even do that. I couldn't read past the symptoms. But one thing I can promise you, is once you start the tapering process and it becomes part of your routine, the fear becomes distant. You learn you are much stronger than the drugs and your will to succeed becomes overpowering.

My advice would be to stop Googling, stop YouTubing, stop reading symptoms here on the forum. If you need to search something then research everything on the forum you can about TAPERING. That is what will empower you - to understand the process of how to get rid of the drugs and know all the different options available to you. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2022, 12:49:26 pm »
Thank you very much, [...]. That is excellent advice. Yes. I want my relationship with my psychiatrist to mend and so I will follow her advice. I think she will be somewhat flexible in terms of the way to withdraw successfully.

I agree that I am just upsetting myself by reading and watching too many negative stories online. I think it will help to just focus on tapering.

I see you took a number of months to taper off of the drug. I think DMT is dry measured tapering? Did you shave the pill or buy a scale? I would rather cut the pill even if it isn't perfectly the same every night.

I thank you so much for your kind advice.

Best,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 10:44:49 pm »
DMT is daily micro taper.

I gripe about this all the time but I think I'll gripe some more.  In some parts of the world drug manufacturers sell tapering strips, these are an aid to withdrawal, they allow people like us to make accurate reductions without having to become kitchen chemists and mad scientists shaving, cutting and mixing our pills with all sorts of substances.  If the rest of the companies would do this can you imagine how much money they could make?  They'd still have all of the people who want and can take the drug but they'd also have people like us buying their liquids, their strips and their tiny little doses all ready for us but do they?  NO but why not?   :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2022, 12:06:14 am »
Wow. It sounds so difficult. Yes. Why in other countries and not here? The drug cos. don't want people going off them. When I saw the exact amounts [...] listed each month it was so exact. With only . 25 mg, I'll try a straight razor to cut off .0625 mg to start the taper I guess. I hear skipping a dose one day is not a way to taper. Too bad bc it is easier.

How did you go cold turkey off such a high dose? That must have been horrible. Did you substitute anything for the Klonopin since then or just take  nothing now for whatever you took it for originally? Does K. cause heightened anxiety ultimately when you start to go off it?

Thank you [...] for your help. It means a lot to me.

[...]