Experience with the last .25mg of Klonopin taper

[Kl...]

Hi everyone,

I've been tapering from 1mg Klonopin for about 11 months (was only on it 3 months but couldn't get off so started my taper March 2021). I've had some bumps, but overall it's gone pretty well and I've been able to keep working and watching my two little kiddos. I am tired a lot, drained, and a little anxious, but overall functional and tolerable. I have been averaging about 3-4% cut a week DMT, and I do well with that.

• I'm now down to .23 (two of the .125mg pills and I shave the second one a little each day, then hold for 3 days)
    It took me 11 months to go from 1mg to .25. But if I stay at 3-4% cut a week (of original dose) This last .25mg can take over a year for just that.
    That's fine if it's what it takes, but I would be cutting so little each week, I'm curious other's experience when they get to lower doses.
    I know Bob did .125 at .001 a day for 125 days (about 3 months) What have others done and were you able to increase weekly % cut at all as you got lower, or did you keep it consistent with what you did at higher doses?
    In the end, I'll judge by symptoms, as I know everyone is different, but just wanted to get a feel for what others have found success with!

Thanks!!

I tried jumping at 0.25mg of Klonopin and failed.  Three days after jumping I updosed to 0.5mg and mixed that in 50ml of water and reduced 1ml per day for 50 days.  I did so much better the second tima around and the liquid taper went smoothly.  I would have held the taper along the way if I needed to but I didn't.

Sorry for the potentially silly question, but how did you reduce with liquid?

If you are asking me, this is the method I used except I used less water so it took fewer days.

Thanks so much. I'm at .224 now and just shaving one of my .125 pills a little each day (.002 or .001) then holding a few days to let my body catch up and it's going well. I figure for now I'll keep this up, but when I get to the last .125 pill I might do a 125 day water taper. For now, I'll keep chugging since I am doing alright.

What dose did you jump from? I've heard .025 is a good one? Or did you go all the way to .001 before dropping?

When you got to the lower doses, instead of pulling out a few .001 to cut out of the liquid, did you pull that out and take that? Meaning you did a water suspension and with lower doses, pull out the last handful of .001s you need into a separate jar and drink? Or did you always use the original jar you dropped the pill into?

I'm using the .125 dissolvable pills so hoping they dissolve easier but not sure if it makes a difference or not!

I used the method in the video below except I used 50ml of water instead of 300ml.  I mixed a 0.5mg tablet in it and I reduced the suspention by 1ml per day and jumped at 0.01mg of clonazepam.  I did my mixture the same all the way through - mixed the crushed 0.5mg tablet in 50ml of water (shake well and dose right away) and each day I removed an additional 1ml from it it like this:

Day 1 - discard 1ml and take 49ml

Day 2 - discard 2ml and take 48ml

Day 3 - discard 3ml and take 47ml

Etc.

Thanks so much. I'm at .224 now and just shaving one of my .125 pills a little each day (.002 or .001) then holding a few days to let my body catch up and it's going well. I figure for now I'll keep this up, but when I get to the last .125 pill I might do a 125 day water taper. For now, I'll keep chugging since I am doing alright.

What dose did you jump from? I've heard .025 is a good one? Or did you go all the way to .001 before dropping?

When you got to the lower doses, instead of pulling out a few .001 to cut out of the liquid, did you pull that out and take that? Meaning you did a water suspension and with lower doses, pull out the last handful of .001s you need into a separate jar and drink? Or did you always use the original jar you dropped the pill into?

I'm using the .125 dissolvable pills so hoping they dissolve easier but not sure if it makes a difference or not!

Kate I didn’t see you answer the question about how did you handle the lower doses like when you got to say .05 left. Did you use a larger syringe to take out .45 or did you syringe out .05 and take that?  Thinking about doing the same thing but wondering how to do it when you get lower in doses

Joeb