Best way to taper off following paradoxical reaction

[Se...]

Hello

I am in a bit of a pickle. Following reinstatement I have been trying to stabilize on my dose. Started from a higher dose and sort of adjusted to a lower one.. for a few days.

I am now once again experiencing paradoxical reactions where following 2.5 hours from dosing i get extremely clammy, sweaty, anxious and sick. Considering that I am a short-term user, could you advise a taper plan to get out of this without messing myself up again?

I have been recommended slow tapers, fast tapers and also my doctor recommended a Cold Turkey.. based on my signature you can understand where I am at and why I am here. I have never used benzos prior to this year and for a grand total of 1.5 (1 week in September, 3.5 weeks in December and 11 days now). I am 27, i dont drink or smoke, 110 pounds 5’6 and my lifestyle is very healthy, no big stressors in my life atm except this benzo ordeal.

I'll help you get started but hopefully others will stop by to lend a hand.

You mention the nasty symptoms at 2.5 hours, how long do they last?  Also, how do you feel between doses, I'm wondering if you're dealing with any interdose withdrawal symptoms.

I'll help you get started but hopefully others will stop by to lend a hand.

You mention the nasty symptoms at 2.5 hours, how long do they last?  Also, how do you feel between doses, I'm wondering if you're dealing with any interdose withdrawal symptoms.

Thank you Pamster!

They can last up to 6-10 hours after the dose.. I was able to mitigate them with some magnesium and l-theanine tonight, cuz it feels like a glutamate explosion to me.

Regarding interpose withdrawals, it really depends, sometimes I do feel a slight "craving" but the farther from the dose the better I feel for some reason. I do get immediate relief after I dose for an hour or so, it's after the 2.5 hour mark that it goes the opposite direction.

I am thinking I taper down weekly and I do in the next three weeks, so that would be a total of 5 weeks in terms of tapering off of 2mg diazepam. Only element that worries me is potential kindling, as I have used veryyy sporadically xanax over the past year (1-2 a month under .125mg) and had my first round of benzos for a week in September and the second round in December for 3 weeks. Not sure, not very familiar with what kindling truly consists of.

I think your plan sounds good, a rapid taper from a drug that makes you feel terrible after you take it makes sense.  I'm not sure why you mentioned Diazepam, was that for illustrative purposes?

I think your plan sounds good, a rapid taper from a drug that makes you feel terrible after you take it makes sense.  I'm not sure why you mentioned Diazepam, was that for illustrative purposes?

yep, not many people seem to know much about Clobazam, I live in Europe and it's prescribed quite commonly here :)