Author Topic: Planning on using ashton method and have quetions to taper Xanax  (Read 882 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Updosing
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 04:20:32 pm »
As far as mixing It has been a bit if a crap shoot. Yesterday I took 20 mg Valium at 1030 am and after about an hour or so I felt fine for the rest of the day. At night I took .5 xanax and 10mg Valium. And woke up feeling mild anxiety.

Before that i was taking about half and half approximately.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 04:33:23 pm »
It almost feels like the xanax interpose withdrawal comes on in 2 hrs or less.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 08:00:57 pm »
How many times a day are you dosing [...]?

[Buddie]

Re: Planning on using ashton method and have quetions to taper Xanax
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 08:36:16 pm »
[...], I noticed you have two threads related to crossing over, so I merged them so we have all the information in one place.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2022, 09:38:44 pm »
For the last 2 days I have been dosing twice a day. Yesterday I dosed 20 mg of Valium at 10:30 am and .5 X and 10 mg Valium at 10;30 PM.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 09:51:34 pm »
Hi [...], I'd like to jump in to help but I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions first, it will help me understand your situation better if I can update your signature with the latest and greatest information, please be patient with me.  :angel:

You're attempting to cross over from 1.5 mgs Xanax to Valium and your doctor prescribed 40 mgs?

Were you dosing 3 times a day with the Xanax?

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2022, 12:44:12 am »
Originally I was taking 2 milligrams once a night for sleep. At a drs orders in January I started dosing 3 times a day at .5 which I never really felt “good at” my dr suggested coming back up to a 2mg equivalent. I was showing slight improvement at .5 3 times a day but still in pretty rough shape.

Not sure that it’s all related to the withdrawal as there were a lot of external major stressors happening at once. But now I’m trying to cross over and “stabilize”  at 40mg amd then start my taper.

The .5 3 times a day was rough. Like not getting out of bed rough. I know it’s a little all
Over the place but I truly was trying to follow dr instructions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 01:45:38 am »
So [...] here's my understanding of your situation as you described. In January you were dosing 0.5mg three times a day but since your cross over you have changed back to twice a day. Your doctor wanted you to updose to 2mg but you didn't. Based on this advice your doctor suggested a 40mg cross over to Valium.

In your attempt to cross over for the first 3 days you took 20mg Valium in the morning and 0.75mg Xanax at night. Then yesterday you took 20mg Valium in the morning and at night you took 0.5mg Xanax + 10mg Valium based off this:
As far as mixing It has been a bit if a crap shoot. Yesterday I took 20 mg Valium at 1030 am and after about an hour or so I felt fine for the rest of the day. At night I took .5 xanax and 10mg Valium. And woke up feeling mild anxiety.

Before that i was taking about half and half approximately.

You never have to apologize for anything you have done. We are all trying to make sense of a very difficult process and we are trying the best we can.

If you can just confirm that my understanding of your situation is correct, we can try and see how to move forward.

Thanks for sticking with us! I know this can be frustrating.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 02:24:41 am »
I have been taking the equivalent of a 2mg so yesterday I took 20 mg 230 am and .5 mg Xanax and 10 mg Valium at bed time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 03:07:42 am »
Sorry meant 1030 am