Short-term low dose users - faster taper?

[Se...]

Hello,

I am wondering if tapering time for short-term low-dose use can be a little faster than Ashton. I ask because it makes me think whether a longer slower taper would just not cause more dependency for a case like mine.

I was on them for a month and reinstated approx two weeks after a horrible cold turkey. My dose is currently at 1mg diazepam on which i havent quite stabilized. My max dose was 2.5mg but i seem to be kindled and sensitive to this medication (took sporadically xanax maybe 10-15 tines under .125 last year and had diazepam 5mg  for surgery for 4 days, no withdrawals). I also don’t drink, maybe just for christmas.

Short-term users can typically go a bit faster with their taper.  You could try to stabilize where you are and then do a rapid-ish taper.  I suggest that since you are having some symptoms where you are that you hold for a few days after your next cut just to see how it goes.  I didn't aim for symptom-free, though, I just aimed for good enough that that is me and everyone is different in terms of what they can tolerate.

If you add your signature it will help others know where you are:

Add your history/signature