Detox plus rehab

[Na...]

Anyone have a success story doing a detox or rehab to get off long term benzo?

Should I or not?

I'm not sure I can do a long taper off clonazepam ! I've only taken one 10%  cut off 1.25 mg and is already rough. I am starting from a bad place. ..I have been totally non functional for a year and a half while I was still taking my benzo. I don't know if I hit a high tolerance all of a sudden causing wd symptoms or if something in my brain just snapped!

I know most say a slow taper is best but still thinking detox and 30 day rehab along with it.

Hey definitely don’t do a detox it’s awful they cold turkey you in a few days and you leave there feeling worse and when you leave you go into horrible withdrawal. I’m considering a rehab myself I’ve had a lot people trying to push me to rehab because I’m on a horrible taper right now that I don’t know what the doctor is doing I’m trying to get off benzos since august 2020 and I’m still stuck but def don’t do a detox and rehab I don’t know I’m stuck trying to make a decision to go or not all the centers say they get you off but I don’t know. I know how you feel with the taper it sucks and it’s miserable. You can see my post below I started last week about rehab if you want to comment or read it. How long are you in clonazepam for ?

Everything I have read about detox centres leads me to believe that they go far too quickly for most people, leaving you to suffer more withdrawal after you leave. 30 days is nothing compared to the actual time it takes for our bodies to reset. For some it may be the right option, definitely not for me. I wish you well with your decision.

From another Nana.