Advice: clonazepam or valium for coming off lorazepam

[Ta...]

Hi all,

Looking for advice from the brains trust.

I've been on 3 mg of lorazepam for 4 weeks for anxiety and comorbid depression.

I want to come off these now (I know rapid tapers regardless of length of use are not a good idea for my body) I've previously come off lorazepam by using a diazepam taper. This worked well with weekly 10% decreases. However, I had a major mood crash when I started the diazepam (ignorantly didnt ease the two benzos across). I want to avoid this, this time and see that clonazepam has better mood results with a still ok length half life. Any advice from those in similar situations? I'd really appreciate it. I have a supportive GP who will work sensibly with me on this.

Hi I’m on Valium from lorazepam and it’s a smoother taper. I’ll let others chime in but Klonopin is much stronger benzo than Valium and I’ve heard harder to get off, so I went to Valium instead

Maybe some klonopin users can give their opinion

Joeb

I tapered off from clonazepam but that was the benzo I had been on all along.  Many of our members taper from the shorter-acting benzos like lorazepam.  The key is to dose more often, at least until you get to smaller doses.  You might find some helpful information here:

Ativan Tapering Thread