how have benzos affected your sexuality (crushed it or constant arousal)

[db...]

Just wondering how everyone's sexuality has been affected by benzos.

At first, 26 years ago when first prescribed it calmed me so I could enjoy regular sexual activities. Then after a few years it dampened it.

But, after one successful taper in 1998, I got very active again. I was forced to reinstate to get a free hepc treatment that was successful to this day.

Now, after several failed attempts to taper off I must be very kindled. I also was forced off Norco 10's that I was prescribed for my fused back.

As i tapered down off the hydrocodone, I got more and more anxious, so I HAD to up my dosage of clonazepam from 2 mgs/day to 4 mgs/day where I have just held (with many bad symptoms).

I also went a few years getting whatever brand of crap clonazepam the pharmacy was carrying that month with disastrous effects.

Not quite sure when it started (I am in a time warp bubble it seems), but I started having intrusive lewd thoughts (inappropriate) and constant arousal with no sexual basis. This may sound good, but it def is not.

It is an arousal that keeps you on the edge of orgasm (sometimes a spontaneous one akin to wet dreams when much younger) yet no relief. I tried masturbating at first to relieve it but usually could not finish. I also think it made it worse if I consciously tried to deal with it, but it is not something you can ignore.

Like just talking to random people when i am having that feeling makes things very rough (besides the agoraphobia). I sometimes think they can tell I am thinking about lewd things.

I know this is a forbidden topic to many, but needs to be addressed.

I have been told by my urologist that it is PGAD (persistent genital arousal disorder). Guess what he wanted to prescribe me for it? MORE benzos/higher dosage and anti-depressants.

PLEASE anyone chime in about this. Sexuality is a big part of life/happiness, but not if it is all messed/mixed up.

Please tell your experiences since starting benzos, trying to withdraw from them, etc.

I'm hoping to get some real ideas how to cope with this issue from people that have suffered in anyway.

Why won't the Drs. EVER attribute bad symptoms to benzos?

Dbhigh333

So, not really a topic I like to delve into, but I’ve dealt with PGAD almost all my life. It’s awful and I don’t wish it on anyone. That being said, even going through w/d’s, it was still there. Not worse, or better. The only thing that has even remotely killed it, has been the Prozac I’m on, now. It’s definitely not as intrusive in my life as it was, before. I know this doesn’t really help much, but at least I know how awful that situation can be. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

Thank you MissAria,

I appreciate your reply as no one seems to want to advise on this. I know it is a strange symptom but also know it is not that uncommon by searching the forum.

If prozac helped you I am glad for you as this symptom is bad. Unfortunately, I had bad sx from prozac which caused me to be started on clonazepam long ago. They tried me on tons of anti-depressants but nothing stopped the panic and of course got hooked on benzos.

Good luck in your journey.

Sincerely,

Dbhigh333

[f5...]
I have same sexual issues hyper arousal when switched from clon to daiaz plus still on mirt and zop ..every night when took them but luckily fell asleep..but each cut of diaz I'd go bed and I'd lay there 11 pm till 1 having such arousal sometimes satisfaction. I never had until I switched to diaz. I had to go back on clon april 21...things settled a bit but I tapered Zopiclone which is like a benz and if I ate anything sweet I'd get very aroused then off zop I'd eat carbs be in awful pain but go high no sleep till late stilk mirtaz 1 x clon sleep and wake odd times and very aroused often success or laying again hours worn down hating it often cos also I developed a.. m weak arms legs or I'd wake and slowly my whole body i cant lay still legs thrashing off head for 2 hrs and still get urges bad ..sometimes arms legs so weak i was aroused but had no energy  to say the least ut still goes on 7 months after off zop and also off mirtaz my symptoms same I've had to stop even eating fruit. I only get 4 hrs sleep on clon so I know I'm tolerant. I have big histsmine issues since off mirtaz.

[f5...]
I wake and am so fed up being hyper sexual ...is there a homeopathic med or something that will stop this. I'm 72 alone and hate it. No wise jokes please its driving me nuts

Thanks God that someone opened this very important theme and because it is taboo many benzobuddies went to more dark places..

We should speak very openly about it because only on that way we will make it easier and not scary.

Everything that is taboo creates more anxiety and more unwanted sensations.

My problem is little different.

Is not like constant arausal, is sexual OCD that started immediately after the first cut of the tapering.

After 11 years on benzodiazepines I made very stupid rapid tapering and after was late to come back to my old self with increasing the dose, so i decided to go in the rapidity..

My main problem in the acute withdrawal was and still is but not that intense now the intrusive thoughts from sexual nature that are totally opposite of my real sexuality.

I'm gay whole my life, I never had sex with woman, my perception for women is the same as the ones for animals, kids.. Pure and platonic, whole my life. I could be naked with women and to not feel even the normal groinal response when you see naked body.

Nothing! Were air to me!

Now in my 37y in the acute withdrawal this Autumn I had disgusting nightmare with a woman but without even erection.

But the dream upset me that much that immediately I started to ruminate and check from the next day and all the hell started..

How much I was afraid when I'll see women that disgusting sensations I was getting.

Never erections but always some burning sensations and tingling like electric shocks in my genitals that I never experienced before.

I was afraid to make love with my husband and in the same time I wanted so much, but I was afraid that the thoughts and the images will appear and I could experience unwanted orgasms..

And how much I was afraid and I was trying to fight with the thoughts that much they were attacked me.

Happened a few times to climax in the middle of the sex because of the groinal responses of the thoughts and is the most disgusting expirience in my life. It destroys your most pure and fragile part of you..

One day the psychologist told me that nothing change with my sexuality and that the sensations that I have could be from any kind of subject if I would give the same attention and perception and that if I'll try to be afraid that I will climax on the picture of my TV will happen the same sensations.

And really happened.

On everything that I created sexual perception and fear of it I was getting the same sensations with tingling.

Especially in the withdrawal this is very possible because our nerves are literally like the lives on the trees..It's very possible to happen unwanted orgasms out of nowhere, especially on intrusive thoughts and sounds..

It's very fragile period on many aspects and the most important is the patience and trying to not check yourself with testing and rumination because of the very possibility to get the answer that is not valid at all but will cause you stress and tears..

In benzo recovery happens many weird stuffs because the brain trying to find it place, is very delicate period full of dysphoria and things that we never usually experienced before otherwise will not be that stressful and will not exist benzobuddies with all these posts for help..

But will pass for sure..

Now I'm going to be better when I understand the nature of the sexual OCD, still sad because it happens for a first time in my life to have sexual OCD, but I feel better because I'm aware now how strong could be the thought no matter how irrational it is, especially in withdrawal..

[f5...]
Hi a charity benzo group said benzs can make you sexually aroused. I cant stand it. As I said when switched from clon x 1 to diaz every night I was but luckily fell asleep. Cant understand why now since off Zopiclone do I go high wide awake eating my porridge carbs any fruit cherries and custard go bed take my 1 x clon and thrashing around like mad sleep then wake calm then legs start and I'm sexually hyper cant lay still but same time feel weak..I can get up pee and so tired cant sleep and the  it starts from 4.30 to 8 and I often cant climax have no energy but it calms me to try. Then I am even more tired. Never had it like this waking. I wake screaming out of frustration..I cant take this anymore....I'm in pain whatever I eat. I've list weight and look 93 shrivelled prune. I told gp but she just shrugged. When switched to diaz 2020 each cut my insides were burning and even more hyper sexual going to bed not waking. I wish I'd never come off the zop and mirtaz. I'm still on 0.5 clon at night. I'm so so tired I'm prediabetic and think now diabetic cos I've eaten crap . My fault. I can get up and barely function walk legs often feel twisted feet floppy. I never had sneezing coughing sore throat itching ears hiss till off Mirtazapine . I feel exhausted worn down and at 73 I cant go on like this. Nothings changed in 7 months off zop and mirtaz. I see thanks someone has these hyper arousal but still cant find anyone who goes high eating carbs etc off Zopiclone. And yes to whom suggested homeopathy I might try. I told a gp 2020 about the hyper s but she wasnt much help and when I said I hate it she said people youd generation can do!!!