Too much, too soon?

[co...]

Hello, and a belated happy new year.

For two years, I've compliantly taken 4mg of clonazepam a day (2mg AM/ 2mg PM) as support for anxiety during an onboarding period of trauma processing therapy.  I no longer feel I need its help, thankfully, and am eager to taper off completely, universe willing. This past week I was asked to drop to 2mg per day (.5 am/.5 noon/1 pm) for five days (today, 02/11) for some imaging unrelated to my clonazepam.  I've been prescribed inappropriate––that's my opinion and several professional opinions, as well––amounts of clonazepam and alprazolam in the past (2015) and completed a (likely imprecise) dry cut without remembering much withdrawal.  Still, today I believe I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms manifest, including anxiety, poor sleep, sweaty palms, lethargy, and a slightly elevated heart rate (note: not tachycardia level), so I suppose I'm here for social support and risk assessment.  As I want to get off and avoid prolonged misery, I'm asking myself and the collective conscious of this site: should I muddle through at this 50% cut until stabilization and then reduce slower, or is that simply a stupid idea and I should return to a higher dose and start over?  For whatever it's worth, I've been engaging in all non-drug therapies like movement, connection, breathwork, etc.  My understanding is that I may just be beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms due to its half-life and, of course, will prioritize safety over dogged determination.

Medications:

150 Wellbutrin xl AM

Deplin AM

600 Gabapentin TID

I don't drink alcohol or use other drugs; I don't have a history of benzodiazepine abuse/misuse.

Thank you for accepting this message, as it's alleviated a bit of rumination in the process. Perhaps I wasn’t as fearful in my past taper because I was uneducated on the risks.  Still, I’m ready for the challenge as I’ve experienced profound emotional healing and would like to take flight.

My sincerest thanks,

E