How long does it normally take to stabilize after CT reinstatement?

[Se...]

Just looking for experiences :)

I reinstated about a week ago and I feel like 30% better. at first I was getting some kind of paradoxical reaction like I was fine for an hour or two then I'd feel wds x 100. It's been better the past three days or so but I am not really symptom free. Vitamin B complex seems to help.

hi selena,im 1 month out of ct but went completely psycho and i wasnt able to endure the tremors and the pain i got,so i took a 10mg medazepam tablet and morning i go to doctor to ask for some valium.

Reinstate is no guarantee that you will be 100 percent but if you need to do it then do it.  Reinstate on the lowest possible dose and give it time.  Every person is different.  But if you feel 30 percent better since reinstatement I hope it continues to get better. Do what you can to stay calm and stay away from all the doom n gloom stories. 

Peace

U

Reinstate is no guarantee that you will be 100 percent but if you need to do it then do it.  Reinstate on the lowest possible dose and give it time.  Every person is different.  But if you feel 30 percent better since reinstatement I hope it continues to get better. Do what you can to stay calm and stay away from all the doom n gloom stories. 

Peace

U

Hey thanks for the answer! Actually had a pretty rough day today, I think ive been tweaking with the doses too much. I am trying to stabilize on 1mg diazepam equivalent, but my first reinstatement dose was 2.5mg. Will see how it goes in the next few days

I reinstated about a week ago and I feel like 30% better. at first I was getting some kind of paradoxical reaction like I was fine for an hour or two then I'd feel wds x 100. It's been better the past three days or so but I am not really symptom free. Vitamin B complex seems to help.

Hi Selena95, could you add your medication history into your signature, that way we can see at a glance what's going on and don't have to find your other posts to piece it together.  Here are the instructions but if you need help just put the information here and a team member can input it.  Add your history/signature 

I can't answer your question about reinstatement time frames because I don't understand what drug you're taking.  You mention a 1 mg diazepam equivalent, is diazepam the drug you reinstated?

Hi Selena95, could you add your medication history into your signature, that way we can see at a glance what's going on and don't have to find your other posts to piece it together.  Here are the instructions but if you need help just put the information here and a team member can input it.  Add your history/signature 

I can't answer your question about reinstatement time frames because I don't understand what drug you're taking.  You mention a 1 mg diazepam equivalent, is diazepam the drug you reinstated?

Hi Pamster, i have added my signature. My biggest worry atm is whether having the drug in my system after reinstating is causing more harm than good. I am reading alot of horror stories of people struggling long after jumping after reinstating, do you think this will be my case? It’s been 12 days now and i am not symptom free but i think it may be due to starting at double the dose which was giving me a paradoxical reaction and im still adjusting.

Not sure.. should i rapid taper again? Am i kindled? ... i dont know how to move forward, my doctor wants to CT me but i have enough for a taper.. don’t know how to move forward and desperate for help

I don’t drink, nor smoke or do drugs. I am 27 and no prior health conditions except gerd and i eat clean.

Thanks for adding your signature, that really helps. 

We typically suggest a rapid taper to those who have taken the drug for a short time and I believe this is probably a good call for you as well.  But first I need to ask about your symptoms, I know you don't feel well but are you stable?  We define stable as able to take care of your daily tasks, it doesn't mean feeling good.  This is when we'll typically recommend a member make another reduction, when they're stable. 

Clobozam is fairly short acting so I believe you're feeling as good as you're going to on this dose so it's probably time to begin your taper or increase your dose so you can get stable.  My recommendation is to begin your taper and I don't agree with your doctor, a short taper is better than a cold turkey.

Try not to worry about kindling but I believe your body is letting you know that if you take benzo's in the future you can expect a worse outcome, in September you were able to stop without problems and this time, not so much so take note for future benzo use.

Thanks for adding your signature, that really helps. 

We typically suggest a rapid taper to those who have taken the drug for a short time and I believe this is probably a good call for you as well.  But first I need to ask about your symptoms, I know you don't feel well but are you stable?  We define stable as able to take care of your daily tasks, it doesn't mean feeling good.  This is when we'll typically recommend a member make another reduction, when they're stable. 

Clobozam is fairly short acting so I believe you're feeling as good as you're going to on this dose so it's probably time to begin your taper or increase your dose so you can get stable.  My recommendation is to begin your taper and I don't agree with your doctor, a short taper is better than a cold turkey.

Try not to worry about kindling but I believe your body is letting you know that if you take benzo's in the future you can expect a worse outcome, in September you were able to stop without problems and this time, not so much so take note for future benzo use.

Hi Pamster, thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

I took my dose about 4 hours ago and ended up having a gnarly paradoxical reaction 2.5 hours later (this has not happened in a few days) my palms started sweating, my jaw is extremely clenched, i felt agitated and clammed up.. had a bit of akithasia as well.I am really thinking that the medication is starting to damage me somehow but I am no expert, nor my doctor seems to be or the people around me.

In the past 14 days ive had all textbook symptoms and in all honesty they feel as bad as acute sometimes.

I felt ok-ish for like 4 days out of the 13 ive reinstated in and it’s in no way been linear. Does this mean i need to rapid taper as soon as possible to avoid further glutamate damage? I know many jump at my current dose, can that be dangerous? If not what taper plan would u recommend for a case like mine?

i still feel akathisia after 35 days CT short term use. i feel severe insomnia/restlessness. i puke my stomach out,massive weight loss. its a torture. benzos are HELL

i still feel akathisia after 35 days CT short term use. i feel severe insomnia/restlessness. i puke my stomach out,massive weight loss. its a torture. benzos are HELL

Have you used adhd medications, stimulants (legal or not) or antidepressants before this?

no,i tried stimulants,but never had feelings like this before. benzos did this

if your use of stimulants was heavy and or close to ur benzo binge it might be linked to this, alcohol also plays a factor