Tapering table

[Ch...]

I'm doing milk titration and doing each pill separately (today is the last night for a .5mg pill) which will take me down to 1.5MGs starting tomorrow. 

So the next pill I titrate in the milk I think I need to slow down a bit.  Benzo Belly, crying spells and fear.  I've been on 75ML to equal .0067/day.  what would be the next logical decrease that may help this benzo belly.  90ML to equal 90 days at .0056mg/day or 100 ML to equal 100 days at .0050 mg/day.  I have a long ways to go and I'd hate to lengthen it.... or do I just suffer at 75ML because at those rates it won't make much of a difference.

Those are good questions.

I can tell you, at 75mL, you are going pretty fast so it might help to do a 100 mL day for your next 0.5 mg pill.

I want to encourage you to talk to your doctor about trying an SSRI. 

I have been using zoloft for 6 weeks and it has really helped me.  I wish I would have done zoloft before benzos.

Be warned, it can take months for an SSRI like zoloft to improve anything and during those first 6 weeks, you might have diarrhea or headaches or other side effect but for me, it was worth it.  It stopped the depression and anxiety very well after 5 weeks of use.

Thank you Bob.  I'm so glad Zoloft is working for you.  A friend from work has been on it for years and swears by it.  I was on zoloft 21 years ago after son and had no problems getting off.  Then I went back on Zoloftg in 2012 and with all that was going on I had a hard time.  Currently I am also on cymbalta 60MG.  Good for you that it's working. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing milk titration and doing each pill separately (today is the last night for a .5mg pill) which will take me down to 1.5MGs starting tomorrow. 

So the next pill I titrate in the milk I think I need to slow down a bit.  Benzo Belly, crying spells and fear.  I've been on 75ML to equal .0067/day.  what would be the next logical decrease that may help this benzo belly.  90ML to equal 90 days at .0056mg/day or 100 ML to equal 100 days at .0050 mg/day.  I have a long ways to go and I'd hate to lengthen it.... or do I just suffer at 75ML because at those rates it won't make much of a difference.

Those are good questions.

I can tell you, at 75mL, you are going pretty fast so it might help to do a 100 mL day for your next 0.5 mg pill.

I want to encourage you to talk to your doctor about trying an SSRI. 

I have been using zoloft for 6 weeks and it has really helped me.  I wish I would have done zoloft before benzos.

Be warned, it can take months for an SSRI like zoloft to improve anything and during those first 6 weeks, you might have diarrhea or headaches or other side effect but for me, it was worth it.  It stopped the depression and anxiety very well after 5 weeks of use.

Hi Bob7,

While we appreciate the fact that your suggestion included Charlene speak with her doctor about taking an SSRI, your post borders on diagnosing a medical problem and suggesting medical treatment.  The accompanying document embedded in the policy below will further explain our position.

Pamster

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help.  ON 1.4650 mg of K Teva in milk (actually .4650 in milk with 2 dry pills).  I have benzo belly big time pain.  I changed from 75ML from first .5MG pill and now doing 100 ML for 2nd Mg pill ( the two other .5mg I leave dry)

Is 100ML (so .005mg/ML) still too fast? If my benzo belly is not going to improve (basically my only symptom with appiitite loss/weight loss)  and fear/crying because I can't eat normally.  Should I go slower on my on pill that I'm milk titrating.  Or maybe I just won't improve b/c I'm in tolerance.  Is 100 ML milk titration of 3rd pill, I think that would be considered slow.  I don't want to wean over such a long lime.  Last time I dry micro tapered 1.5 MG Mylan Klonopin with nearly no withdrawels (for like 11 monthls).  The time before that I dry micor tapered .5MG over 10 months. 

I need help.  ON 1.4650 mg of K Teva in milk (actually .4650 in milk with 2 dry pills).  I have benzo belly big time pain.  I changed from 75ML from first .5MG pill and now doing 100 ML for 2nd Mg pill ( the two other .5mg I leave dry)

Is 100ML (so .005mg/ML) still too fast? If my benzo belly is not going to improve (basically my only symptom with appiitite loss/weight loss)  and fear/crying because I can't eat normally.  Should I go slower on my on pill that I'm milk titrating.  Or maybe I just won't improve b/c I'm in tolerance.  Is 100 ML milk titration of 3rd pill, I think that would be considered slow.  I don't want to wean over such a long lime.  Last time I dry micro tapered 1.5 MG Mylan Klonopin with nearly no withdrawels (for like 11 monthls).  The time before that I dry micor tapered .5MG over 10 months. 

Can you please tell us you current height and weight?

I'm 5'7.  I'm am about 130 to 134 pounds (don't have scale).  Before my trauma happened right before last year's thanksgiving, I was about 160 pounds.  I also got a bad case of covid in January that contributed to the weight loss....was 139 pounds at that time.    Thank you

I'm 5'7.  I'm am about 130 to 134 pounds (don't have scale).  Before my trauma happened right before last year's thanksgiving, I was about 160 pounds.  I also got a bad case of covid in January that contributed to the weight loss....was 139 pounds at that time.    Thank you

I am not a doctor but that sound reasonable.

I encourage you to add you weight to the daily journal and what you are eating so you can make adjustments.

I am not a doctor but that sound reasonable.

I encourage you to add you weight to the daily journal and what you are eating so you can make adjustments.

Thanks Bob

• 3 months later...

Hi Charlene,

It's a Sartorius BCE64-1S. It's relatively easy to use. It's a bit more effort having to slide the glass door open and closed multiple times when weighing out doses, but it ideally gives a much more accurate read as it significantly reduces any air currents. And I was afraid one of the inexpensive scales on Amazon would stop working on me or stop giving accurate readings or both, leaving me in a bad situation.

Hi heretohelp,

How are you doing after your taper?

Hi Charlene,

It's a Sartorius BCE64-1S. It's relatively easy to use. It's a bit more effort having to slide the glass door open and closed multiple times when weighing out doses, but it ideally gives a much more accurate read as it significantly reduces any air currents. And I was afraid one of the inexpensive scales on Amazon would stop working on me or stop giving accurate readings or both, leaving me in a bad situation.

Hi heretohelp,

How are you doing after your taper?

Hi Jacky bo,

Still tapering. At .196 mg K today. I'll let you know when I'm done and onto healing.