Tapering table

[Ch...]

Could someone helpe me with a table on the below total 2.5, of which I take 1 in the a.m and

o1.5 in the p.m.  I feel like I am in tolerance and was going to strip away 1 mg using .1/7 or

.0143,  yet this is going to take over 400 days which sounds way to long.  here is my started table.  someone help me. 

Starting MG % Decrease Decreased Amount Decreased MG Scale Conversion (All Pills)

2.500 0.014285714 0.035714286 2.464285714 0.813214286

2.464 0.014285714 0.035204082 2.429081633 0.801596939

thank you

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Your table has an errror.

If said you want to reduce (0.1/7) or 0.0143 but since row 1 has 2.5mg then row 2 should be 2.486, not 2.464).

How are you preparing your doses (do you cut or scrap the pill to get a weight on a scale)?

Are you doing a daily reduction or every 2 weeks?

How much do you want to reduce each time?

Your table has an errror.

If said you want to reduce (0.1/7) or 0.0143 but since row 1 has 2.5mg then row 2 should be 2.486, not 2.464).

How are you preparing your doses (do you cut or scrap the pill to get a weight on a scale)?

Are you doing a daily reduction or every 2 weeks?

How much do you want to reduce each time?

Bob is my error rounding?  I am using a weight scale.  Please help me.  I think I'm in tolerance so I want to be a tad bid faster, right.  Please help, I'm scared. 

If you are in tolerance or even if you are not, you should hold until your symptoms are tolerable.  Do you feel like they are tolerable?

They are tolerable until I try to sleep.  I can tell the 1.5 mg at night is not working.  Otherwise mostly tolerable except for crying.  Can you make me up an easy table to try to follow.  My weaning table goes over 400 days, seems like a lot if I may be in tolerance.  Could I just ask you for an easy table where you would not go over the "tolerance" rules. (I read tolerance you might want to speed up a little.

My husband and I are at a loss, exspecially with 1 mg in morning and 1.5 in the evening.  We don't know where to start and then you pointed out our error.  Thank  you

Edit: Removed personal information.

If you are in tolerance or even if you are not, you should hold until your symptoms are tolerable.  Do you feel like they are tolerable?

They are tolerable until I try to sleep.  I can tell the 1.5 mg at night is not working.  Otherwise mostly tolerable except for crying.  Can you make me up an easy table to try to follow.  My weaning table goes over 400 days, seems like a lot if I may be in tolerance.  Could I just ask you for an easy table where you would not go over the "tolerance" rules. (I read tolerance you might want to speed up a little.

My husband and I are at a loss, exspecially with 1 mg in morning and 1.5 in the evening.  We don't know where to start and then you pointed out our error.  Thank  you

Charlene, you're not allowed to post your personal information per forum rules.

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.

Charlene,

Since your symptoms are tolerable except for sleep, you should consider taking most if not all of your medication near bedtime.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could tolerate any daytime symptoms by using meditation and distraction activities because I had energy.

So I took half my benzo just before bed and then another 1/4 each time I wake up during the night.

I recommend 3 steps for you:

Step 1, decide on your new schedule to improve sleep (tell me how many doses per day and what time of day)

Step 2, stay on this new schedule for at least a week, maybe 2, to journal a baseline

Step 3, I will make you an excellent taper schedule

Charlene,

Since your symptoms are tolerable except for sleep, you should consider taking most if not all of your medication near bedtime.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could tolerate any daytime symptoms by using meditation and distraction activities because I had energy.

So I took half my benzo just before bed and then another 1/4 each time I wake up during the night.

I recommend 3 steps for you:

Step 1, decide on your new schedule to improve sleep (tell me how many doses per day and what time of day)

Step 2, stay on this new schedule for at least a week, maybe 2, to journal a baseline

Step 3, I will make you an excellent taper schedule (Thank you so very much !!!!!!!!).  I'm hoping I have a chance to get off of this stuff I am so scared.

You are the best.  I think it would be best to move all 2.5 to night time.  I take 1 mg at 10:00  am right now and I don't notice much of a difference plus Klonopin has a longer halfife, so isn't that good?  Also, Kate mentioned that liquid titration might be more gentle?  then shaving by using a scale weight.  Do you agree?  If so How would I do Liquid titration with 5 pills (the pills are each .5mg to equal 2.5 MG.)I appreciate what you are doing for me.  :) and just so you know this is my third time (year 2017 .5mg, year 2019(1.5 mg and this year 2021/2022) that I've been on Clonopine.  I had no idea you could be in tolerance.  Thank you again.  The last two times where because of a health crisis just like this time as well. 

Charlene, you're not allowed to post your personal information per forum rules.

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.

Sorry about that

Charlene,

Yes, I think you should try liquid tapering first.

I see you agree to take the 2.5 mg at night. 

Take your normal 1.5 mg at bed.  Then each time you wake up, take another 0.5 mg.  If you have extra in the morning, just take them when you get out of bed so the total was still 2.5mg.

Do this for one or two weeks and journal how your feel.  MAKE SURE to have special activities each day to distract you.  Do not even think of benzos.  Do not let them ruin your life.  Stay off this website.  Think of something else.  Have a project to work on each day.

Then we can start you on a liquid taper.

Charlene,

Yes, I think you should try liquid tapering first.

I see you agree to take the 2.5 mg at night. 

Take your normal 1.5 mg at bed.  Then each time you wake up, take another 0.5 mg.  If you have extra in the morning, just take them when you get out of bed so the total was still 2.5mg.

Do this for one or two weeks and journal how your feel.  MAKE SURE to have special activities each day to distract you.  Do not even think of benzos.  Do not let them ruin your life.  Stay off this website.  Think of something else.  Have a project to work on each day.

Hi Bob, I'm comfused.  Oh I think I get it.  so If I get up in the middle of the night take another .5mg.  I'm wondering why I can't take the full 2.5 upon bedtime, I'm thinking I'd sleep the entire night.  sure there is a reason.  And I also have no idea how to liquid taper expecially 5 pills.  Isn't that a lot of counting.  Will you help someone  who is not so great at this?  Obviously I'm do all this without liquid and just using the pills.  I'm probably not going to start this next week because I an doing neuropathic work on Theusday.  So can you slightly explain how the liquid taper will work with 5 pills? I am awfully curious if you don't mind  Thank you for all of your kind help, Charlene

Then we can start you on a liquid taper.

I was hoping the water taper was something like this

I sure hope you don't leave before we start this, but could you briefly explain with 5 .5mg pills

It is exactly like the video except first we will decide how many days you want to finish the taper.

The 5 pills are no problem at all.

But you do need to tell me the time to go from 5 pills to zero (e.g. 300 days?)

It is exactly like the video except first we will decide how many days you want to finish the taper.

You are great.  Thank you. 

When 1 did weight scale 1.5 mg back in 2019 I did 333 days. My current batch (year2021 since December 1) and my schedule was 429 days if I would have used my own taper schdule  Did this by  Reducing by 10% every 7 days of the new dose  (original dose).  Do you think 300 days would be good? Does that represent 10% of something?  Thanks again.

You are great.  Thank you. 

When 1 did weight scale 1.5 mg back in 2019 I did 333 days. My current batch (year2021 since December 1) and my schedule was 429 days if I would have used my own taper schdule  Did this by  Reducing by 10% every 7 days of the new dose  (original dose) (not original dose I mean  Do you think 300 days would be good? Does that represent 10% of something?  Thanks again.

Bob,

I think I'm going to start your process tonight. I have eating issues plus constipation issues (I know TMI) that i need to get started on tapering.  So if I don't wake up tonight or can't sleep tonight I would just take the total 1 mg in the morning upon waking, correct?  Wish me luck and thank you so much.  I'm hoping by next week we could have a liquid tapering schedule.

Let me know what you think, I'm hoping that works with your schedule. 

Please do not worry about percent's.

They mean nothing.

Only your journal, used during your taper, should be considered to pick your taper speed.

Ok I don't really get it, but sounds good.  I noticed that you sayings says thank God for Benzo Buddies.  If you are a Christian, a prayer would be nice on my behalf.  (I hope I did not offend you) with this comment. 

What is a baseline?  So friday I took another pill in the middle of the night.  But yesterday I did not (I woke up but did not get up to get one).  So I had a .5mg pill left on Frid and Two pills left this morning on Sat

I know I not suppossed to be on here, but I know My pills are not working; Constipation is relentless. I'm hopping to get a water titration schedule by the end of this week so I can get the equipment and such.  Plus I'm not sure how the titration works; so I'm asking for help; escpecially with the .5mg to 2.5 dosage.

Appreciate the prayers. 

A baseline means to get enough data in your journal so when you make a change to your drug, you can compare, before and after.

Are you trying to say "I have constipation and therefore my pills are not working?"  Benzos do not treat constipation. 

Just curious.  What is your daily type of food intake?  Tell us what you have eaten each day for three days when you constipation was bad.

A baseline means to get enough data in your journal so when you make a change to your drug, you can compare, before and after. (Got it)

Are you trying to say "I have constipation and therefore my pills are not working?"  Benzos do not treat constipation. 

Just curious.  What is your daily type of food intake?  Tell us what you have eaten each day for three days when you constipation was bad.

I will let you know how tonight goes as fas a getting up and taking .5 mg pill.  Thank you Bob for all of your help.  Do you think a week (this past Friday to this Thursday or Friday will give us our base line as far as getting up and taking another pill.  I was thinking All 2.5 mg would be taken at night, I thought that's what we planned on earlier last week. Sorry such a dunce with this. 

No I am not saying that I have constipation and my pillls are not working.  That is just one of the reasons I want to get off.  I main reason is because I can tell the pills are not working anymore.  I think that will  happen expecially since this is the 3rd time I have been on them.  I eat eggs and oatmeal, fruit and a regular dinner.  Sorry my comment was confusing. 

Sunday evening - restless from 2 am to 4 am but did not take the .5 until 4 am and then the other. 5 arounds 8  Note my total dosage is 2.5 (I may have said 4.5 along the way). To recap, Friday evening got up to takemy pill and Saturday did not get up to taka a pill

P.S.  my constipation is always bad, I was on antibiotics for 15 years for acne and is messed up digestion. I'm very sensitive with fibromyalgia and have a difficult time eating (like nothing looks good but I'm hungry. ( this only happens when I'm anxious otherwise my eating is normal)

So Bob, could you give me an example using the five .5 mg pills.  Or is that too much of a pain. 

I anxous and confused on how much water, how many days, how much you take out each day ext.  Or to you want to wait a couple days, I know you are busy.  thank you have a good day.

Sunday evening - restless from 2 am to 4 am but did not take the .5 until 4 am and then the other. 5 arounds 8  Note my total dosage is 2.5 (I may have said 4.5 along the way). To recap, Friday evening got up to takemy pill and Saturday did not get up to taka a pill

P.S.  my constipation is always bad, I was on antibiotics for 15 years for acne and is messed up digestion. I'm very sensitive with fibromyalgia and have a difficult time eating (like nothing looks good but I'm hungry. ( this only happens when I'm anxious otherwise my eating is normal)

So Bob, could you give me an example using the five .5 mg pills.  Or is that too much of a pain. 

I anxous and confused on how much water, how many days, how much you take out each day ext.  Or to you want to wait a couple days, I know you are busy.  thank you have a good day.

I can make a taper example but I need to first know if you are successful in our plan to only take 1.5mg at bed and then another 0.5 mg each time during the night as needed to maintain sleep (never more than 2.5 mg total).

You need to do this for a week or two, keeping a careful record of how much you consumed each night and if you symptoms are tolerable so we can start the taper.