Author Topic: Tapering table  (Read 4841 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering table
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 04:48:01 pm »
What is a baseline?  So friday I took another pill in the middle of the night.  But yesterday I did not (I woke up but did not get up to get one).  So I had a .5mg pill left on Frid and Two pills left this morning on Sat

I know I not suppossed to be on here, but I know My pills are not working; Constipation is relentless. I'm hopping to get a water titration schedule by the end of this week so I can get the equipment and such.  Plus I'm not sure how the titration works; so I'm asking for help; escpecially with the .5mg to 2.5 dosage.

Appreciate the prayers. 

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 05:30:31 pm »
A baseline means to get enough data in your journal so when you make a change to your drug, you can compare, before and after.

Are you trying to say "I have constipation and therefore my pills are not working?"  Benzos do not treat constipation. 

Just curious.  What is your daily type of food intake?  Tell us what you have eaten each day for three days when you constipation was bad.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2022, 01:01:08 am »
A baseline means to get enough data in your journal so when you make a change to your drug, you can compare, before and after. (Got it)

Are you trying to say "I have constipation and therefore my pills are not working?"  Benzos do not treat constipation. 

Just curious.  What is your daily type of food intake?  Tell us what you have eaten each day for three days when you constipation was bad.

I will let you know how tonight goes as fas a getting up and taking .5 mg pill.  Thank you Bob for all of your help.  Do you think a week (this past Friday to this Thursday or Friday will give us our base line as far as getting up and taking another pill.  I was thinking All 2.5 mg would be taken at night, I thought that's what we planned on earlier last week. Sorry such a dunce with this. 

No I am not saying that I have constipation and my pillls are not working.  That is just one of the reasons I want to get off.  I main reason is because I can tell the pills are not working anymore.  I think that will  happen expecially since this is the 3rd time I have been on them.  I eat eggs and oatmeal, fruit and a regular dinner.  Sorry my comment was confusing. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2022, 03:35:18 pm »
Sunday evening - restless from 2 am to 4 am but did not take the .5 until 4 am and then the other. 5 arounds 8  Note my total dosage is 2.5 (I may have said 4.5 along the way). To recap, Friday evening got up to takemy pill and Saturday did not get up to taka a pill

P.S.  my constipation is always bad, I was on antibiotics for 15 years for acne and is messed up digestion. I'm very sensitive with fibromyalgia and have a difficult time eating (like nothing looks good but I'm hungry. ( this only happens when I'm anxious otherwise my eating is normal)

So Bob, could you give me an example using the five .5 mg pills.  Or is that too much of a pain.   
I anxous and confused on how much water, how many days, how much you take out each day ext.  Or to you want to wait a couple days, I know you are busy.  thank you have a good day.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2022, 04:47:56 pm »
Sunday evening - restless from 2 am to 4 am but did not take the .5 until 4 am and then the other. 5 arounds 8  Note my total dosage is 2.5 (I may have said 4.5 along the way). To recap, Friday evening got up to takemy pill and Saturday did not get up to taka a pill

P.S.  my constipation is always bad, I was on antibiotics for 15 years for acne and is messed up digestion. I'm very sensitive with fibromyalgia and have a difficult time eating (like nothing looks good but I'm hungry. ( this only happens when I'm anxious otherwise my eating is normal)

So Bob, could you give me an example using the five .5 mg pills.  Or is that too much of a pain.   
I anxous and confused on how much water, how many days, how much you take out each day ext.  Or to you want to wait a couple days, I know you are busy.  thank you have a good day.
I can make a taper example but I need to first know if you are successful in our plan to only take 1.5mg at bed and then another 0.5 mg each time during the night as needed to maintain sleep (never more than 2.5 mg total).
You need to do this for a week or two, keeping a careful record of how much you consumed each night and if you symptoms are tolerable so we can start the taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 05:35:07 pm »

I can make a taper example but I need to first know if you are successful in our plan to only take 1.5mg at bed and then another 0.5 mg each time during the night as needed to maintain sleep (never more than 2.5 mg total).
You need to do this for a week or two, keeping a careful record of how much you consumed each night and if you symptoms are tolerable so we can start the taper.
Ok.  Can you explain why we need to do this just to help me.  So just to be clear, Am I supposedd to only grabb .5 mg each night, but not the other .5 mg which I typically take in the morning.  or if I can't sleep can I take both .5 during the night that would equal 1MG. (So 1.5 at start of night and then the rest is 1 MG which I just was to make sure I'm doing this right.   Just looking for an explanation because I don't get it.  (Sorry about that).  I will continue to keep a record.  Thanks Bob

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2022, 06:06:11 pm »
I am having your take your benzos in 3 times during the night to help you get ready for the liquid taper method.

When you do the liquid taper method, you will do this:

Each evening, you will put 2.5 mg of benzo into 300 mL of water.  You can then drink about half before bed (do not worry about being exact).  Then, each time you watch up during the night, drink a little more to help you sleep.  In the morning, drink anything leftover.

Each day, we will taper a little bit of the 300 mL for a total of 300 days.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2022, 06:43:46 pm »
I am having your take your benzos in 3 times during the night to help you get ready for the liquid taper method.

When you do the liquid taper method, you will do this:

Each evening, you will put 2.5 mg of benzo into 300 mL of water.  You can then drink about half before bed (do not worry about being exact).  Then, each time you watch up during the night, drink a little more to help you sleep.  In the morning, drink anything leftover.

Each day, we will taper a little bit of the 300 mL for a total of 300 days.

Thanks so much for the explanation.  Please keep me in your prayers.  I am so scrared since I've already done this 2X with klonopin and 1X with larazapam.  (I have some odd health issues that caused this) I sure hope I can do this with the klonopin.  Thank you for helping me.  I don't know what I would do without you -- a mathamathical genious.  My husband thanks you too.   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 02:58:08 pm »
Friday - Took pill around 2 (took remainder .5 mg at around 8 am
Sat - no additional pill  (took 1.0 mg at around 8 am
Sun- restless 2 to 4 got up at 4 to take additinal pill (took .5 mg at around 8)
Mon - restless probably around 2 to 4 took additional pill at 3:45 and other .5 at around 8 am
Tues (15th) took additional pill at 2:46 a.m  and final pill at around 8 am. 
Wed (16th) took additional pill at 2:30 a.m and final pill at around 8 am. 
Thur (17th) took additional pill after squirming around for probably a couple of ours at 3.08.

When I take my first 1.5 mg pill when going to bed sometmes it takes an hour to an hour and 1/2 to fall asleep (between 9:30 pm and 10).  The dog wakes me up around 7:30 if not sooner

I'm really scared because of tolerance.  Will we be able to to this?  Is there any assurance you can give me?  I appreciate all of your help.  I wish I would not have listened to my doctor.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:01:24 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 03:06:57 pm »
Be assured many people have done this before you.  But you must be realistic because you're tapering off of a strong medication there will be some suffering. The key is to limit the suffering so it's tolerable as you taper.  You also need to learn non drug methods to reduce your anxiety.