Author Topic: Tapering table  (Read 4839 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering table
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 06:22:32 pm »
[...],

Yes, I think you should try liquid tapering first.

I see you agree to take the 2.5 mg at night. 

Take your normal 1.5 mg at bed.  Then each time you wake up, take another 0.5 mg.  If you have extra in the morning, just take them when you get out of bed so the total was still 2.5mg.

Do this for one or two weeks and journal how your feel.   MAKE SURE to have special activities each day to distract you.  Do not even think of benzos.  Do not let them ruin your life.  Stay off this website.  Think of something else.  Have a project to work on each day.

Hi Bob, I'm comfused.  Oh I think I get it.  so If I get up in the middle of the night take another .5mg.  I'm wondering why I can't take the full 2.5 upon bedtime, I'm thinking I'd sleep the entire night.  sure there is a reason.  And I also have no idea how to liquid taper expecially 5 pills.  Isn't that a lot of counting.  Will you help someone  who is not so great at this?  Obviously I'm do all this without liquid and just using the pills.  I'm probably not going to start this next week because I an doing neuropathic work on Theusday.  So can you slightly explain how the liquid taper will work with 5 pills? I am awfully curious if you don't mind  Thank you for all of your kind help, [...]

Then we can start you on a liquid taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 06:31:44 pm »
I was hoping the water taper was something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpciMUXHfY

I sure hope you don't leave before we start this, but could you briefly explain with 5 .5mg pills
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 06:58:31 pm »
It is exactly like the video except first we will decide how many days you want to finish the taper.
The 5 pills are no problem at all.
But you do need to tell me the time to go from 5 pills to zero (e.g. 300 days?)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2022, 07:11:16 pm »
It is exactly like the video except first we will decide how many days you want to finish the taper.

You are great.  Thank you. 
When 1 did weight scale 1.5 mg back in 2019 I did 333 days. My current batch (year2021 since December 1) and my schedule was 429 days if I would have used my own taper schdule  Did this by  Reducing by 10% every 7 days of the new dose  (original dose).  Do you think 300 days would be good? Does that represent 10% of something?  Thanks again.                        

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2022, 07:14:08 pm »

You are great.  Thank you. 
When 1 did weight scale 1.5 mg back in 2019 I did 333 days. My current batch (year2021 since December 1) and my schedule was 429 days if I would have used my own taper schdule  Did this by  Reducing by 10% every 7 days of the new dose  (original dose) (not original dose I mean  Do you think 300 days would be good? Does that represent 10% of something?  Thanks again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 07:23:34 pm »
Please do not worry about percent's.
They mean nothing.
Only your journal, used during your taper, should be considered to pick your taper speed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 08:21:16 pm »
Bob,
I think I'm going to start your process tonight. I have eating issues plus constipation issues (I know TMI) that i need to get started on tapering.  So if I don't wake up tonight or can't sleep tonight I would just take the total 1 mg in the morning upon waking, correct?  Wish me luck and thank you so much.  I'm hoping by next week we could have a liquid tapering schedule.

Let me know what you think, I'm hoping that works with your schedule. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 08:42:05 pm »
Please do not worry about percent's.
They mean nothing.
Only your journal, used during your taper, should be considered to pick your taper speed.

Ok I don't really get it, but sounds good.  I noticed that you sayings says thank God for Benzo Buddies.  If you are a Christian, a prayer would be nice on my behalf.  (I hope I did not offend you) with this comment. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 08:47:53 pm »
I am a Christian and I will say a prayer for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 08:56:46 pm »
I am a Christian and I will say a prayer for you.

Thank you so much.