Author Topic: Tapering table  (Read 4846 times)

[Buddie]

Tapering table
« on: February 10, 2022, 10:24:39 pm »
Could someone helpe me with a table on the below total 2.5, of which I take 1 in the a.m and
 o1.5 in the p.m.  I feel like I am in tolerance and was going to strip away 1 mg using .1/7 or
.0143,  yet this is going to take over 400 days which sounds way to long.  here is my started table.  someone help me. 

Starting MG   % Decrease   Decreased Amount   Decreased MG   Scale Conversion (All Pills)
2.500    0.014285714   0.035714286   2.464285714   0.813214286
2.464    0.014285714   0.035204082   2.429081633   0.801596939
thank you

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Tapering table
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 11:37:19 pm »
Your table has an errror.
If said you want to reduce (0.1/7) or 0.0143 but since row 1 has 2.5mg then row 2 should be 2.486, not 2.464).

How are you preparing your doses (do you cut or scrap the pill to get a weight on a scale)?
Are you doing a daily reduction or every 2 weeks?
How much do you want to reduce each time?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 02:22:08 pm »
Your table has an errror.
If said you want to reduce (0.1/7) or 0.0143 but since row 1 has 2.5mg then row 2 should be 2.486, not 2.464).

How are you preparing your doses (do you cut or scrap the pill to get a weight on a scale)?
Are you doing a daily reduction or every 2 weeks?
How much do you want to reduce each time?
Bob is my error rounding?  I am using a weight scale.  Please help me.  I think I'm in tolerance so I want to be a tad bid faster, right.  Please help, I'm scared. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 02:29:19 pm »
If you are in tolerance or even if you are not, you should hold until your symptoms are tolerable.  Do you feel like they are tolerable?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 03:00:51 pm »
If you are in tolerance or even if you are not, you should hold until your symptoms are tolerable.  Do you feel like they are tolerable?

They are tolerable until I try to sleep.  I can tell the 1.5 mg at night is not working.  Otherwise mostly tolerable except for crying.  Can you make me up an easy table to try to follow.  My weaning table goes over 400 days, seems like a lot if I may be in tolerance.  Could I just ask you for an easy table where you would not go over the "tolerance" rules. (I read tolerance you might want to speed up a little.

My husband and I are at a loss, exspecially with 1 mg in morning and 1.5 in the evening.  We don't know where to start and then you pointed out our error.  Thank  you

Edit: Removed personal information.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 04:03:41 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 04:05:33 pm »

They are tolerable until I try to sleep.  I can tell the 1.5 mg at night is not working.  Otherwise mostly tolerable except for crying.  Can you make me up an easy table to try to follow.  My weaning table goes over 400 days, seems like a lot if I may be in tolerance.  Could I just ask you for an easy table where you would not go over the "tolerance" rules. (I read tolerance you might want to speed up a little.

My husband and I are at a loss, exspecially with 1 mg in morning and 1.5 in the evening.  We don't know where to start and then you pointed out our error.  Thank  you

[...], you're not allowed to post your personal information per forum rules.

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 04:12:32 pm »
[...],

Since your symptoms are tolerable except for sleep, you should consider taking most if not all of your medication near bedtime.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could tolerate any daytime symptoms by using meditation and distraction activities because I had energy.

So I took half my benzo just before bed and then another 1/4 each time I wake up during the night.

I recommend 3 steps for you:

Step 1, decide on your new schedule to improve sleep (tell me how many doses per day and what time of day)

Step 2, stay on this new schedule for at least a week, maybe 2, to journal a baseline

Step 3, I will make you an excellent taper schedule

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 04:32:51 pm »
[...],

Since your symptoms are tolerable except for sleep, you should consider taking most if not all of your medication near bedtime.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could tolerate any daytime symptoms by using meditation and distraction activities because I had energy.

So I took half my benzo just before bed and then another 1/4 each time I wake up during the night.

I recommend 3 steps for you:

Step 1, decide on your new schedule to improve sleep (tell me how many doses per day and what time of day)

Step 2, stay on this new schedule for at least a week, maybe 2, to journal a baseline

Step 3, I will make you an excellent taper schedule (Thank you so very much !!!!!!!!).  I'm hoping I have a chance to get off of this stuff I am so scared.
You are the best.  I think it would be best to move all 2.5 to night time.  I take 1 mg at 10:00  am right now and I don't notice much of a difference plus Klonopin has a longer halfife, so isn't that good?  Also, [...] mentioned that liquid titration might be more gentle?  then shaving by using a scale weight.  Do you agree?  If so How would I do Liquid titration with 5 pills (the pills are each .5mg to equal 2.5 MG.)I appreciate what you are doing for me.   :) and just so you know this is my third time (year 2017 .5mg, year 2019(1.5 mg and this year 2021/2022) that I've been on Clonopine.  I had no idea you could be in tolerance.  Thank you again.  The last two times where because of a health crisis just like this time as well. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 04:34:27 pm »

[...], you're not allowed to post your personal information per forum rules.

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.
Sorry about that

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 05:44:27 pm »
[...],

Yes, I think you should try liquid tapering first.

I see you agree to take the 2.5 mg at night. 

Take your normal 1.5 mg at bed.  Then each time you wake up, take another 0.5 mg.  If you have extra in the morning, just take them when you get out of bed so the total was still 2.5mg.

Do this for one or two weeks and journal how your feel.   MAKE SURE to have special activities each day to distract you.  Do not even think of benzos.  Do not let them ruin your life.  Stay off this website.  Think of something else.  Have a project to work on each day.

Then we can start you on a liquid taper.