Author Topic: How long does it take to get over anxiety  (Read 912 times)

[Buddie]

How long does it take to get over anxiety
« on: February 09, 2022, 07:53:46 pm »
I have run out of pills a week.  How long does it take to get over the anxiety.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: How long does it take to get over anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:01:50 pm »
are you dealing with depersonalization / derrealization or, looping toughts after running out of pills?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 08:12:07 pm »
I have run out of pills a week.  How long does it take to get over the anxiety.

Nobody can tell you for certain how long the anxiety lasts, because everyone’s circumstances are different. Mine was intense for 2 weeks, nonstop. Not a moment of peace or relaxation except for when I would pass out from exhaustion for 1-2 hours. After that, the anxiety started to decrease a little bit. But I also quit c/t and never reinstated. I know that starting and stopping can definitely affect how bad your w/d process is. I know there are people still suffering with anxiety many months out from things. The important part is that it DOES pass, it just takes time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 08:16:00 pm »
No one knows how long it will take but anxiety could last for some time after doing a CT...

It all  depends on the person and if anxiety was the reason for going on Benzos in the first place?

Pre-existing conditions are not healed during healing and recovery from Benzo WD, but most are in a position to deal with them a lot better as they develop coping skills during WD

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 08:51:59 pm »
Thanks for your tips.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 07:11:21 am »
your anxiety will decrease given time bro,  just wanted for you to stop worsening this , it can get very much worst, good luck..

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 01:34:33 pm »
I have been off the pills for 17 days.  I am having bad insomnia and anxiety.  I have been drinking as I panic if I don't drink.
I can't get a hold of my brother and afraid his girlfriend has cut me off from him.  I am going to ask the doctor for Ativan for my anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »
[...] - unfortunately, insomnia and intense anxiety are par for the course for many people. Drinking and meds may give you temporary relief, emphasis on temporary, but basically sets you back and doesn't change the cold, hard truth. As hard as it is to face, you will have to pay the price of feeling like sh*t long enough for your body to adjust. I've been where you are now. I am also standing on the other side and being healed is wonderful. Make up your mind that you are going to go for it, assemble whatever resources you can muster in terms of support like family, friends, etc. and ride it out. It will be so worth it.

Also - read the Success Stories section for inspiration and for proof of what I am saying.

You can do this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 01:27:23 pm »
I have been off the sleeping pills 18 days
  The doctor won't give me any sleeping pills as i asked him to take me off them
  I don't have enough support as I only have my sister to call.  My brother had a stroke and he was letting me live there since my mom died, but then we got in an argument and I can't stay there again.  I have no friends as my best friend died.
I am glad to be off the sleeping pills as I was always afraid of running out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 05:20:55 pm »
I have been off the pills for 17 days.  I am having bad insomnia and anxiety.  I have been drinking as I panic if I don't drink.
I can't get a hold of my brother and afraid his girlfriend has cut me off from him.  I am going to ask the doctor for Ativan for my anxiety.

Do you know that Ativan and Temazepam are both benzodiazepines used to treat anxiety?  If you ask your doctor for Ativan you will essentially be taking another benzo, are you sure you want to do this?  It thought it was your hope to be free of these drugs?