What can I take or do? Help.

[It...]

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this. I've recently has covid (on day 6) and I feel like my left ear has gotten increasingly more and more plugged- like I'm underwater. It pops like crazy, I feel like I can hear myself breath in it, its just an overall uncomfortable feeling. I had some pretty severe sinus congestion the last 3-4 days and used nothing but a neti pot to deal with it. The congestion I would say is about 85% gone but this plugged ear feeling is not. I'm worried about if I have a blocked Eustachian Tube having it turn into an infection which I would then need antibiotics for (which I absolutely need to avoid, I has a major AB setback in October that sent me into acute that im just coming out of). Is there any type of decongestant or antihistamine that anyone else has had some success talking without it revving up your symtpoms like crazy? I could deal with an uptick in my symtoms if I needed to, id take that over an AB anyday but I fear taking a decongestant or antihistamine and having it mess me up for weeks.

Sudafed seems to be very effective but i'm worried about it being a stimulant. I think look at antihistamines like Claritin and worry that it wont be effective and i'll end up putting myself into a wave for taking a med that didnt help to begin with.

So my question is, does anyone have experience or advice on an antihistamine/decongestant that one in WD could take and not regret taking for days after because its thrown them into a horrendous wave?

Thank you!

sudafed should not be a problem, worst case it will wear off in couple H. take the non-extended release version

I have massive success with taking quercetin 1g + 1g vit C. works wonders for allergies, but you need to take it every 2-3h due to short half life.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, I think that if you experience health issues after Covid, it is better to address a doctor. You might end up suffering from pain because of infection and taking antibiotics. Also, I'd not self-treat. I personally prefer visiting a staten island audiological center when I worry about my ears or hearing. But of course, it's up to you.