Life threatening autonomic dysfunction

[Do...]

Of course, the word life-threatening is a scary word. I have read your posts and I have similar problem, respiratory depression. But my problem is the recovery.

Benzo has caused your problems, and then I don't think it will be better to continue with this. I don't think it makes things better, maybe worse?

And Ashton has written; The original benzodiazepine dose often does not work the second time round. Some may find that only a higher dose partially alleviates their symptoms, and then they still have to go through a long withdrawal process again, which again may not be symptom-free."

But it is your own choice, and it is impossible for others to decide what is the best for you.  :)

Of course, the word life-threatening is a scary word. I have read your posts, and we have the same symptoms. But my problems are the recovery.

Benzo has caused your problems, and then I don't think it will be better to continue with this. I don't think it makes things better, maybe worse?

But it is your own choice, and it is impossible for others to decide what is the best for you.  :)

No matter how much i eat i cant gain weight. Sleep is impossible because i stop breathing. I cannot regulate body temp. My breathing is really erratic. I get worse everyday. I just want my life back but i fear brain damage.

Of course, the word life-threatening is a scary word. I have read your posts and I have similar problem, respiratory depression. But my problem is the recovery.

Has your respitory depression improved at all im only 60 days out

I have to constantly think about my breathing, because I stop breathing both day and night. So I do a lot of breathing exercises and meditate to feel calm.

I have to constantly think about my breathing, because I stop breathing both day and night. So I do a lot of breathing exercises and meditate to feel calm.

My breathing is that bad i can’t meditate. I’m sensitive to light sound. Feels like my organs are shutting down

How do you sleep

Do you stop breathing when standing up or walking erc

Should i reinstate i don’t want to die

I’d be happy to call or Skype anyone for advice

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.

We strongly advise members to remain anonymous. You should avoid creating a membership name which relates to your real name, or to names you use anywhere else online or in your real-world life.

Rules and Guidelines

Should i reinstate i don’t want to die

I’d be happy to call or Skype anyone for advice

You are not allowed to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum, nor should you ask for the contact information of other members.  Virtual meetings and chats have become common and while chatting with others going through withdrawal may be helpful, we cannot ensure the anonymity of members will be protected. Links to any chats or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking website which might potentially identify members' true identity are not allowed.

We strongly advise members to remain anonymous. You should avoid creating a membership name which relates to your real name, or to names you use anywhere else online or in your real-world life.

Rules and Guidelines

Sorry pam my mind is that messed up i cant even read properly

I forget to breathe all the time. And I can’t read and breathe at the same time. So I use tape over my mouth, or a brace, to remind myself to breathe.

I sleep very well, but tape over my mouth. But it's a little hard in the morning. My chest is so tense because I hold my breath for so long, and my throat is so tight. And then I can’t eat or drink water.

But I'm probably a little weird, I don’t care. I know that stress and anxiety make it much worse.

I forget to breathe all the time. And I can’t read and breathe at the same time. So I use tape over my mouth, or a brace, to remind myself to breathe.

I sleep very well, but tape over my mouth. But it's a little hard in the morning. My chest is so tense because I hold my breath for so long, and my throat is so tight. And then I can’t eat or drink water.

But I'm probably a little weird, I don’t care. I know that stress and anxiety make it much worse.

Im not being rude but thats kind of a an awful way to live im only 22 and i feel like my life is over completely. At some point im just gonna perish

I understand that you are worried, the recovery is terrible. But you are young, and much stronger than me, I'm 67. So what we can do, is try to be calm and not stressed. Then it is much easier to breathe. But that's easier said than done.

I’m sorry, but I have to go to bed now. In Sweden 11:50 pm, so I’m so tired. I can’t keep my eyes open. Do you like relaxing music for stress? I think it helps. I hope you sleep well.  :)

If you feel so desperate you should ask for help. The worst thing you can do is to confront this situation by yourself. Reinstatment is not advisable but it can be an option in my opinion. I did it once and it worked. you are very young and you have time to heal.

Tell whoever can help you what is going on. you have to get stabilized ASAP. Here you are gonna get words of encouragement but thats it. Call relatives or doctors. Have a plan. But the main thing again is to have somebody at your side.

Hope you get better.   

Doom

These are pretty common wd sx of a benzo.  You are not even 3 months off.  You are a short term user and you are very young. You need to distract yourself and do what ever you can.  Translator was on benzos off and on for 25 years so no comparison at all.  Go on the short term user board and find people who were on it if you must compare.  Try to stop the panic and fear.  I was also on my benzo long term and have healed dramatically since being cold turkeyed.  You are revving yourself up.  Quit googling your sx.  Read the Ashton manual most if not all of your sx are listed.  When in doubt of your life go get checked out.  Nobody on here is a doctor.  Is it going to be pleasant?  No it’s not but you will heal in time. 

U

Also how long were you on the benzo?  You say you ctd 6 times ct?  Do you mean you took rescue doses?  That is way different then wd 6 times?  I was CT’d taken off abruptly with no reinstatement or rescue doses. 

Im not being rude but thats kind of a an awful way to live im only 22 and i feel like my life is over completely. At some point im just gonna perish

I had you in my thoughts for some time now, but I need to remind you that WELL over two weeks ago you were saying that you don’t breathe for up to 20 minutes at a time, which is certainly not the case. Otherwise you wouldn’t be posting in these forums anymore because you’d be gone. I know it’s a struggle, constant panic, the feeling like someone is squeezing the air out of your lungs. I have a nearly constant air hunger, most days. I know it feels like you’re going to die. I know it feels that way because I feel that way as well. If you’ve been to the doctor and they tested your blood oxygen levels, you’d be on a breathing machine right now. They wouldn’t just send you home. I know you said the doctor diagnosed you with autonomic dysfunction, so I assumed they also checked your blood oxygen levels. If they sent you home, then I’d say your levels were at a normal level. If they didn’t check them, then I’d honestly suggest you go back to the doctor and get a second opinion and make them check your levels.

That’s just my opinion obviously. I can’t tell you what to do, but I’ve had you in my thoughts since I saw you posting on the forums like 2 weeks+ ago. I’m really sorry you are going through all of this.

Yes Miss I think it is air hunger I had it too it is gone and has been for a very long time.  It will go away it takes time and yes if Doom was actually suffering from autonomic dysfunction she would not be here. The doctor would have admitted her. But the fear panic and anxiety is driving all of it and can make it very difficult to see logic.

My main issue is feeling like I can’t get a deep/full breath. Like someone is pressing down on my shoulders or my chest and I’m not able to get a full breath. Lots of yawning, lots of stressing and worrying over it. Probably over breathing too. I’m always hyper focused on my breathing, because I watched my mom go to the ER many times with fluid in her lungs, gasping for air from kidney failure. It’s a terrifying thing to see as a young person, and I think it doesn’t help my air hunger symptoms at all.

I understand.  My sister was a heavy smoker and passed a little over a year ago.  I was her caretaker through her lung cancer she was very young and I was in deep withdrawal.  I wore a halter heart monitor and was at the hospital every day in the first 18 months.  It was to say the least a hard time.  You seem like you have a understanding of this.  Try to not get caught up in the fear and do everything you can to help yourself heal.  You are going to be okay.  Just stay away from all the gloomy stuff.  Peace and prayers

U

I had you in my thoughts for some time now, but I need to remind you that WELL over two weeks ago you were saying that you don’t breathe for up to 20 minutes at a time, which is certainly not the case. Otherwise you wouldn’t be posting in these forums anymore because you’d be gone. I know it’s a struggle, constant panic, the feeling like someone is squeezing the air out of your lungs. I have a nearly constant air hunger, most days. I know it feels like you’re going to die. I know it feels that way because I feel that way as well. If you’ve been to the doctor and they tested your blood oxygen levels, you’d be on a breathing machine right now. They wouldn’t just send you home. I know you said the doctor diagnosed you with autonomic dysfunction, so I assumed they also checked your blood oxygen levels. If they sent you home, then I’d say your levels were at a normal level. If they didn’t check them, then I’d honestly suggest you go back to the doctor and get a second opinion and make them check your levels.

That’s just my opinion obviously. I can’t tell you what to do, but I’ve had you in my thoughts since I saw you posting on the forums like 2 weeks+ ago. I’m really sorry you are going through all of this.

Autonomic dysfunction doesnt mean you die straightaway

Its getting worse everyday