One Symptoms I'm Still Dealing With: ED

[bo...]

I'm pretty much healed from benzo withdrawal. However, occasionally, I still get bouts of erectile dysfunction. I believe it's benzo related because it seems to come and go for no apparent reason. Also, when it gets bad, I tend to feel nerve burning in my hamstrings and groin area. I'm now nearly 4 years off cold turkey, and like I said, I'm healed from some horrible mental symptoms and other physical symptoms, but this one seems to pop up out of nowhere from time to time.

Could this still be benzo withdrawal after four years and what can really be done about it? I can't think of anything that would have triggered a wave.

Sometimes this can be caused by tight pelvic muscles.  I might recommend stretching and exercises.  And massage of your pelvic muscles. You can find info how to do this on your own or try to enroll in pelvic floor physical therapy to learn.

Check out "yin yoga" for the hip or ED. These deep stretches hurt like crazy but ease up the fascia. If you cannot successfully loose them, - a good osteopath can. Will be very painful, but long lasting effect.

The simple down dog, correctly might help, too.

My tip would be to google for pictures of the muscles and fascia of a male human. There are even 3 D video clips, then you can see, what is linked to what, note the name and then research how to stretch it. Very often, for parts around the genitals and hips, you need to strengthen certain areas first because others become tight to protect.

Thank you. I will look into yin yoga for sure. I might start with some basic yoga, as I used to do that a lot before withdrawal but I haven't really since. It would probably be a good way to loosen things up and calm some stress after our daughter goes to bed.

If the yoga isn't enough, I second the suggestion to find a good pelvic floor physical therapist. They could evaluate what's happening and if it's muscular, and that would give you some good information.

Thank you. I will look into yin yoga for sure. I might start with some basic yoga, as I used to do that a lot before withdrawal but I haven't really since. It would probably be a good way to loosen things up and calm some stress after our daughter goes to bed.

you have come so far, this ist just one of the last hurdles for you. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty much healed from benzo withdrawal. However, occasionally, I still get bouts of erectile dysfunction. I believe it's benzo related because it seems to come and go for no apparent reason. Also, when it gets bad, I tend to feel nerve burning in my hamstrings and groin area. I'm now nearly 4 years off cold turkey, and like I said, I'm healed from some horrible mental symptoms and other physical symptoms, but this one seems to pop up out of nowhere from time to time.

Could this still be benzo withdrawal after four years and what can really be done about it? I can't think of anything that would have triggered a wave.

Are you taking any antidepressant? I agree that pelvic floor may be involved.

• 5 months later...