HELP - how do I proceed from here

[Se...]

Hello everyone. Need some serious advice right now, not to mess it up again. I am very lost on what to do and this process has been isolating, I really need support and I come here because this place has helped me. My doctor has been horrid & my family is not close to the situation.

After reinstating, I think I have somewhat stabilized-ish on a low dose of diazepam (.80mg, but I am very sensitive to this medication). A reinstatement following a 2mg cold turkey after 3 week daily use. I reinstated 17 days later cuz I was having a panic attack, its been a week now. I have an extremely important life event on the 10th of March and I risk losing my job, my house and essentially everything I have worked on for the past 8 years if I fail to go (need to travel by train and be there for 5 days).

I have two ways to do this:

-I taper down quickly and get to .10mg and jump by the 12th of February and experience wds hoping that I'll be somewhat functional in a month.

- I taper this dose slowly over the course of months. Tapering slowly scares tf out of me because i never used a benzo for longer than 21 days and I am afraid ill create neurological addiction if I keep it flowing in my system for that long, at least that's what I have read.

What do you think is the best course of action from here?

Thank you so much for reading this ❤️

Just as a side note, I've come off benzos in September after a week use no problem (5mg diazepam following surgery) + I very sporadically took xanax last year but at doses below .125mg

This is a tough decision Selena. How long have you been taking the reinstated amount?

It appears your very sensitive to the meds Are you stable now?

It appears the lowest risk to your life event would be to maintain stability. Which ever option you think will do that cud be an approach.

Does maintaining stability after the event critical ? This wud be another factor to consider.

Maintaining stability and tapering slow is the most conservative option considering your circumstances

Sorry this is all I can offer.

Joeb

Selena95, short-term users can generally stop benzos quickly but everyone is different as to how they will react and heal.  It sounds like a lot of pressure, especially for anyone who is inclined to be anxious, to try to get off benzos AND be healed/functional by March 10.  I hope you aren't being too hard on yourself.