Author Topic: Magnesium glycinate  (Read 1402 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Magnesium glycinate
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 06:25:58 pm »
True, but the energy isn't necessarily the kind that you get from caffeine or that would keep you awake at night...The website that sells it touts it for Relax/Sleep Support and I have no issues with it....Check out NutraMedix
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 07:59:30 pm »
Magnesium Malate works pretty well too...

Funny, I just bought a time released mag malate I'm going to try for a while, as well as a time resealed potassium.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 08:54:06 pm »
Nice...let us know how it works for you Andros.... :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 10:20:43 pm »
So after some more time I have found that if I take 3 of these throughout the day then i sleep pretty well or what is well for me considering that I am lucky to get 2 hours without it. There has been a couple times where i only take two and I am up all night - on the back of the bottle they recommend 4 a day.

Im not crazy having to take something for sleep and I wonder if taking  these will mess up my recovery and healing since most sleep medicine affect recovery.

If anyone knows if a supplement like this magnesium can affect recovery let me know

Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 11:48:38 pm »
So after some more time I have found that if I take 3 of these throughout the day then i sleep pretty well or what is well for me considering that I am lucky to get 2 hours without it. There has been a couple times where i only take two and I am up all night - on the back of the bottle they recommend 4 a day.

Im not crazy having to take something for sleep and I wonder if taking  these will mess up my recovery and healing since most sleep medicine affect recovery.

If anyone knows if a supplement like this magnesium can affect recovery let me know

Thanks

I asked Marigold1 to reply to your question. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 12:18:39 am »

Thanks

I asked Marigold1 to reply to your question. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

Ok thanks  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 01:24:36 pm »
Ocean,

IMO, I doubt that taking magnesium nightly is going to mess up your recovery?  If it isn't messing with or causing any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  The bigger worry would be developing a psychological dependence to it and not a physical dependence, but you could easily wean off of magnesium down the road if you felt that you needed to.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 04:28:20 am »
Ocean,

IMO, I doubt that taking magnesium nightly is going to mess up your recovery?  If it isn't messing with or causing any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  The bigger worry would be developing a psychological dependence to it and not a physical dependence, but you could easily wean off of magnesium down the road if you felt that you needed to.

I apperciate your replay and thoughts - hopefully i will continue to take mag and not have side effects - as of right now its the only thing that seems to help my insomnia although I told it yesterday and only slept 4 or so hours.

thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 01:28:18 pm »
I know 4 hours isn't ideal, but a lot of folks on this page would love 4 hours and I'm not saying that to shame you in any way.  It's all perspective.  I don't like the 4 hour nights that I get every month or 2 either, but I'll gladly take them over a 1 hour or less night...I know it's tough, but please try to be thankful and grateful for any and all sleep that you get...not because I say you should, but because it's been proven that showing gratitude helps with your overall mindset and mental health the next day or days.

I highly doubt long-term magnesium use will come with any side effects or problems?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 04:32:59 pm »
Ocean,

I apperciate your replay and thoughts - hopefully i will continue to take mag and not have side effects - as of right now its the only thing that seems to help my insomnia although I told it yesterday and only slept 4 or so hours.

thanks

I know I have used Magnesium, and am still using Magnesium now. I use the Aspartate form though.

I'm not sure about the Glycinate part, as I've seen other buddies complain about setbacks with Glycinate. Have you tried Aspartate or Threonate?

I usually don't go over 300mg either, but I usually take it all in one shot, right before bedtime.