Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Intense constant feelings of dread

[Tr...]

Hey everyone,

So here I am on my taper down to .45mg of Klonopin from 2-3mg a day and the way I’m feeling seems to be ramping up. This feeling of extreme dread is behind just about every thought from going to the other room to when I’m driving and I imagine what’s on the other end of the road. It’s like my mind is just bombarding itself with this dreadful negative dysphoria that I can’t seem to shut off. I made it down to .55mg with what I would consider minimal issues compared to this last months experience. I’m feeling lost and hopeless even though I know that’s not the truth. Has anyone else handled a similar experience? It hasn’t been this brutal until now!

Yes, depression can be part of this. maybe a non stimulating AD might settle you down and boost your mood and cut off the racing thoughts

Thanks for the response, I’m hesitant to go on other meds but it’s a possible option if this stays this intense. My mood hasn’t been this terrible until this dosing.

It sounds like this symptom might be telling you to slow down if you haven't experienced it this intensely before, what do you think?

Yes, depression can be part of this. maybe a non stimulating AD might settle you down and boost your mood and cut off the racing thoughts

So, I had two bad reactions from edibles like 7 or so months ago and after those, my mind was racing every hour of every day, while I was awake. I started taking Prozac and it took a couple weeks to kick in, but once it did, I woke up one day and the racing thoughts were gone. 100% gone. I’ve never, in my entire life, experienced such peaceful silence in my brain like I do on Prozac. I really was scared to take another medication, but I’m pretty glad I did. I still have other symptoms, but at least the racing, intrusive thoughts are gone.

So, I had two bad reactions from edibles like 7 or so months ago and after those, my mind was racing every hour of every day, while I was awake. I started taking Prozac and it took a couple weeks to kick in, but once it did, I woke up one day and the racing thoughts were gone. 100% gone. I’ve never, in my entire life, experienced such peaceful silence in my brain like I do on Prozac. I really was scared to take another medication, but I’m pretty glad I did. I still have other symptoms, but at least the racing, intrusive thoughts are gone.

Nice!!! Glad it chilled you out. Edibles are hazardous, dosing on them is sketchy

Nice!!! Glad it chilled you out. Edibles are hazardous, dosing on them is sketchy

Especially when you make them yourself with no prior experience. :idiot:

• 2 weeks later...

I get the intense dread.  I once heard someone describe it as feeling both like something awful was going to happen as well as feeling they had committed some crime and were driving around with a tarp and a shovel in the back seat waiting to be caught.  I can relate to both.

I just listened to a really good video where the person describes what is happening both in our limbic system and in our stomachs that lead to depression, despair, fear, dread, terror, the works. 

I don't have a link to the exact video but her name on youtube is jenniferswanphd  -- I am sure you can just type it in

she's not a coach;  she is a therapist but not working and is just going through her own withdrawal but just sharing what she has learned via her own research and she is trying to make videos to make changes in her profession and with her colleagues.  I reached out to her to ask a few questions and she was super open.  anyway, I found her explanation to be the best one I had heard so far (along with Parker's post years ago on here) about what is happening in our brain and in our gut that would explain the level of depression and fear/dread

Thanks for that I’m going to check it out now. After coming back to this post and re reading it, some of that dread is now gone, but replaced with these bouts of emotionless apathy where I just feel no emotion whatsoever. My mind definitely feels scrambled, thanks again for posting I appreciate it.

A bad edible experience is horrendous, I’m glad you are feeling balanced now.

• 2 months later...