Insomnia with acute pain

[ba...]

I have not slept the past 2 nights, and I feel like I have been run over by a truck. Everything hurts. It's not as acute today.

I CTed years ago, had a lot of insomnia, but not this severe pain

I am currently on xanax and seroquel (for sleep)

Hello,

Wondering why you went back on the poison after a previous CT?

If you are not sleeping on your current doses, then you reached tolerance...the only thing to do is to increase the dose (not recommended) or start a slow taper...but maybe you already are doing that according to your signature?

Please read this: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0  It's in my signature too!

Good luck!

Your comment did not bring me any closer to understanding where this acute muscle pain is coming from. I suspect you have no more of an understanding of it than I do. Would appreciate direct responses that shed light on specific questions.

I read your piece, I am familiar with insomnia in Ct, this is different, and was not mentioned. I also know about tolerance, kindling, etc. I am very well studied in this process.

The reason for reinstating xanax is in my profile

I do not take xanax at night or to sleep.

So, If I read your signature correctly, you have been on Xanax since 2014 and have not be able to fully get off and are still tapering?

I had random muscle pain but never whole body pain and it seemed to be worse if I didn't sleep.  Muscle pain is a pretty common Benzo WD symptom during or post-taper.  Not sure why some people get hit harder by some symptoms than others?  Your acute muscle pain is almost certainly related to Xanax use and as you already know, Xanax has a short half life, so it could be an inter-dose WD symptom?  Even on the "main page"of this website you find:  (1) What are the most common withdrawal symptoms?  The most common benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms reported are anxiety, insomnia, depression, and muscle pain or burning.

There's no rhyme or reason to anything in WD, as you already know, so I would expect the unexpected!

Sorry my previous post didn't answer your primary question.  I'm afraid this post won't be of much help either?

Point of Return (Benzo and other Rx drug withdrawal site) has a live chat feature.  I was a member during my WD and they have doctors and WD experts on staff that you might be able to chat with?

Hope things even out for you soon!