Medicating Normal Documentary

[Ne...]

[8f...]
I’ve wanted to watch it. And I keep saying I’m going to but I get anxiety right before I do it bc a part of me is afraid to remember some of the things I went through. Hopefully one day I’ll watch it. Did you watch it?

I’ve wanted to watch it. And I keep saying I’m going to but I get anxiety right before I do it bc a part of me is afraid to remember some of the things I went through. Hopefully one day I’ll watch it. Did you watch it?

Yes, I did watch.  I understand not watching.  I'm currently in a 14 month severe setback so most of my symptoms were comparable to the protracted injured on the program.

I think this is well done. Hopefully it will get a lot of exposure, and stop many from going down a similar disastrous path and suffer like we have. Lisa Ling’s documentary was accurate as well, and there’s another film in production ‘As Prescribed.’

I’d like to see more nitty gritty than this. It doesn’t really get to the heart of how difficult this is IMO.

But it’s a start.

I’d like to see more nitty gritty than this. It doesn’t really get to the heart of how difficult this is IMO.

But it’s a start.

I agree.  I felt the same when watching. 

They should show people who have akathisia. They need to do 2 things with these docos. Scare anyone into never taking them, and show drs and loved ones exactly what we go through so they understand.

They should show people who have akathisia. They need to do 2 things with these docos. Scare anyone into never taking them, and show drs and loved ones exactly what we go through so they understand.

Absolutely!!!  And the long term damage for some of us even when taken short term!!  Get down to the nitty gritty just as you said and show the inhumane torture that we go through!!

It’s a good start. I’ve been part of the benzo community for many years and have seen more and more progress on bringing to light the dangers of these drugs. I share these films and other information with loved ones. Even if one life is saved from being informed…

One thing not pointed out in either of these documentaries is the protracted nature of this syndrome for some. Just how long it can take to recover from the effects of psychiatric drugs. This iatrogenic condition needs to be fully legitimatized and recognized, so that those who’s function is impaired by this for years can qualify for some kind of disability pay or other compensation, as well as feel validated.

Hopefully this one comes out soon:

https://www.asprescribedfilm.com/