If your doctor wanted you to try another med while weaning

[Ch...]

no....  there is no evidence in the 12 years withdrawal clinic  dr heather ashton ran only one that slightly work were beta blockers  for heart palpation's  and she only used them for very short durations read the manuel if you havent its a really great read...... plus in the end your just trading one withdrawal for another  even  if you do try something else and it so happends to help 

no....  there is no evidence in the 12 years withdrawal clinic  dr heather ashton ran only one that slightly work were beta blockers  for heart palpation's  and she only used them for very short durations read the manuel if you havent its a really great read...... plus in the end your just trading one withdrawal for another  even  if you do try something else and it so happends to help

Thank you

I would definitely not try another prescription drug, like an AD or an SSRI. First, they don't do what they're advertised to do. Second, you then have to taper them off also. Better to just muscle through your taper imo.

To answer your sleep question. I've tried them all (!) and found that Unisom works okay, but you develop tolerance to it. And you feel a little groggy the next day. At the moment, I'm taking CBD to help  me sleep. It's doing a good job. If you're considering it, I'd read about it first. Leafly is a good reference.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I would definitely not try another prescription drug, like an AD or an SSRI. First, they don't do what they're advertised to do. Second, you then have to taper them off also. Better to just muscle through your taper imo.

To answer your sleep question. I've tried them all (!) and found that Unisom works okay, but you develop tolerance to it. And you feel a little groggy the next day. At the moment, I'm taking CBD to help  me sleep. It's doing a good job. If you're considering it, I'd read about it first. Leafly is a good reference.

Hope this helps,

When You say tolerance to it, does that mean you can't get off unisom?

Katz

No, you can certainly get off it easily. Just stop taking it. By tolerance I mean it stops working as well as it once did (or at all). I've been off and on it many times. No problem. It ought to be regarded as a short-term fix, imo.

Katz

i agree with oregonkatz as well  cbd or over the counter sleeping pills but all should be use in the short term non of them are long term fixes........

I agree with Katz, Unisom seems to work the best for me. I take 1/2 per night. Have not built tolerance yet, but if it does stop working you can go off for 3 or 4 days and it will work again.  I would definitely stay far away from anything that a Dr. wants to give you... Everything they prescribe will cause dependence and I am sure you do not want to go through this hell again!