immediate paradoxical reaction. Healing?

[Th...]

While in withdrawal I was given a medication and had an immediate paradoxical reaction. I immediately got anhedonia. Has anyone else experienced it. I was told if you get anhedonia form an immediate paradoxical reaction it will not heal.

It was a member on a forum.

She said she was following people that got anhedonia in this way and its years later and none of them healed. I was hoping to find someone who did.

I took one dose of Zoloft one time and it gave me anhedonia.  It wasn't a paradoxical reaction, but a side effect.  It went away eventually. 

I would say that it is a common side effect and or withdrawal effect. I've had it while on meds, and also when off as a  wd symptom. It went away completely. :smitten:

You are still tapering and best bet is to stay off the forums. If you need help legitimate help… contact your doctor or maybe contact Lucid Lane out of California.  They have psychologists who work with people who are tapering. They take most insurance and Medicare.  It is the only place that has therapist throughout the US and do telehealth and Zoom.  I am not affiliated with them.  My therapist is a survivor and works with them. 

The anhedonia from the Zoloft started when the drug reaction set in and then left when it wore off.  I wasn't taking any other drugs.  It could be that since you are on so many other drugs that can cause depression and anhedonia, that adding any other drug could put you into an anhedonia state, IMO.