New user/need some help!

[Wa...]

Hi all,

And thank you for letting me join this benzobuddies! Nice meeting you all.

I have had a long time relationship with benzo usage but sporadically. I would only take in the weekends. Mainly on etizolams and other RC benzos. I took them only for sleep, since sometimes I have some trouble sleeping.

Recently I have started a new stressfull job and I took bromazolam and sometimes etizolam to cope with sleeping issues. I have kept the dosage low (etiz 1mg and bromazolam half a pilll, i think 1.5 mg). I did not needed to increase the dosage (yet). I have been taking them for around 5 weeks now and sometimes I was able to stay off them for a day in the weekend. Friday night did not take any but yesterday night was not able to sleep and took 2mg etiz. I felt it was related to the benzos..

I feel like I am going down the rabbit hole... And really could use some help. How badly am I in this? What is the best solution?

Sorry for the language, really appreciate your help guys.

I can't tell from your post how regularly you were taking benzos.  But there are two issues at hand - safety and comfort.  First and foremost, if you have been taking benzos with any regularity then tapering off is necessary for safety.  But tapering slowly also allows one to be more comfortable and functional in the withdrawl process so there is that piece as well.

Thank you for helping. I have took Them 5 weeks pretty much daily (couple days off). Before that sporadically (2-3x per week). I think tapering will be the safest option. I Will do a pretty fast taper though because of the short term usage. Maybe around the month/3 weeks mark?

I think a short taper sounds reasonable since you have not been taking benzos long.  I suggest a small cut the first time and then hold for a few days just to see how it goes.  Hoping the best for you and congrats on your new job!