How to taper 10mg of temazapm

[sl...]

Can you give us a bit more information and it would help if you put your medication information into your signature.  I'll provide the instructions but if you have difficulty doing this you can put the information here and one of the team can do it for you.  This allows us to see at a glance what your history is so we can better guide you.  Add your history/signature 

1.  How long have you taken Temazepam?

2.  What size are your pills?

3.  How are you feeling now, are you dealing with tolerance or interdose symptoms?

4.  What kind of time frame are you looking at to accomplish this?

5.  Are you interested in dry cutting your pills, are you aware of the different methods for cutting as in using a pill cutter, a grinder or razor blade?

6.  Have you ever been or and discontinued benzo's before or is this your first time?

Sorry for all of the questions, but your answers will help us help you.

I've tapered from 10 mg to 8 mg over past 5 nights, they don't do a thing to help me sleep now, shall I just stop them or will I still get withdrwals?

Since tapering Tem and quitting Zopiclone, I am getting slightly more natural sleep although very broken sleep at least it's something. still have ab pain though

3 weeks. First 2 weeks 20mg per night, then last week 10mg per night. Currently trying to taper. How much do I taper and how often?

You recently quit Zopiclone, do you feel stabilized from that? Your first reduction of Temazepam was 50%, what symptoms have you had and have they been incapacitating? 

A taper is best when we do it according to our symptoms, if your symptoms are saying you're up to begin tapering again then I'd try reducing again, but a smaller cut this time.  There is some recovery to face after our last pill so it's best to use the drug to mitigate your symptoms on the way down because once off of the drug, you won't be able to.

You could do a water taper like the one in this video:

This one takes 300 days to taper off but if you use less water it will go quicker.  There are many nice things about this way to do it - you don't have to calculate percentages and if you start to struggle, you can just hold for a while at the dose you are at until you get your footing.  I used this method for the last bit of my taper and it worked great.

I need some advice re tapering. Im currently down to 5mg of temazapam for 5 days but now feel 'stuck' . How long should I stay at this dose? Bad abdominal pain 24/7 and hardly any sleep. Am I just prolonging the agony by holding ? Will my abdominal pain go away when I stop altogether? Im so worried that I wont cope

Your use of Zopiclone and Temazepam was brief so we like to see members taper more quickly but your symptoms sound awful, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Have you noticed any lessening of symptoms or if not a lessening, any changes in the last 5 days?

How did you feel when you tapered from 10 to 8 mgs, what were your symptoms and when did you notice changes occurring?

You are very lucky because Temazapam is the lowest potency benzo, your  dosage was low and you had a very short usage.

I took temazapam for 25 years at 15mg or less. I got into trouble the last 3 months of use taking 30mg. If I had tapered direct w/o crossing to valium, I would have been free many years ago.  So you can do this!!!  Water titration is your best option. The sleep might be disruptive for a while, but in the realm of benzo hell, you are in an excellent position for full recovery.

No my symptoms have stayed the same. I started on these (zopliclone) after having an op last june to help me sleep through pain. Pain was manageable,not every daythen, but I became tolerant and pain seemed to get worse and started to be 24/7. I suspected that it was my body relying on the zop, interferring with gaba, so thats when I decided to stop them. Changed to temazapam so I could get some sleep and respite but still had pain during the day. Im wondering if these pills have damaged my colon gaba receptors, causing a craving for the drugs. Or is it part of withdrawal like benzo belly. 

I feel your biggest problem is you didn't allow your body to recover after you stopped the Zopiclone, you were on it long enough for your body to become dependent.  From what I've read on the forum Zopiclone is the nastiest of the z-drugs to recover from. 

You have two choices, if you're not functional you might want to consider going back up in dose of the Temazepam to when you felt a little more stable and hold there for a long time.  Or, you can continue to taper from the Temazepam and deal with the symptoms as best you can but you probably should accept you're going to feel symptoms for quite sometime after you're off.

I feel your biggest problem is you didn't allow your body to recover after you stopped the Zopiclone, you were on it long enough for your body to become dependent.  From what I've read on the forum Zopiclone is the nastiest of the z-drugs to recover from. 

You have two choices, if you're not functional you might want to consider going back up in dose of the Temazepam to when you felt a little more stable and hold there for a long time.  Or, you can continue to taper from the Temazepam and deal with the symptoms as best you can but you probably should accept you're going to feel symptoms for quite sometime after you're off.

I absolutely do not agree that you will feel symptoms for quite sometime.  You have taken a low dose of the weakest benzo for a short time. This forum focuses on high potency benzos like klonopin and Xanax. If you can get thru this hump, there’s a very good chance you have sustained minimal long term affects

I absolutely do not agree that you will feel symptoms for quite sometime.  You have taken a low dose of the weakest benzo for a short time. This forum focuses on high potency benzos like klonopin and Xanax. If you can get thru this hump, there’s a very good chance you have sustained minimal long term affects

I agree that Temazepam in low doses and brief duration gives sleepyjo a good chance of recovery but Zopiclone is another beast and taking it for 6 months and not allowing time to recover before starting the Temazepam taper could be the problem.

Previously 7.5- 15mg zopiclone for 6 months from June 2021 til 14/1/2022

Well I've been off zopliclone for 18 days now, so don't want to start them again

It's the abdominal pain that's the problem keeps me awake. I started tapering the temazepam because it was losing its affect only getting about 1-2 hours sleep, still had pain though. I'm down to 5mg for past five or six days still only getting 1-2 hours sleep and still colon pain. Do you think it is the pills causing the pain to intensify? I'm really struggling now and don't know what to do for the best. Will I sleep for longer if I updose? Should I continue with taper? Please help!

Benzos helped mask pain for me so now that I am off then I feel pain more intensely.  This could be what is happening with you as your dose gets lower.  And lack of sleep doesn't help either.  If I am hurting, not sleeping well only makes it worse. 

I had been in tolerance for a while before I tapered off benzos and my sleep was getting worse even on the medication.  There are no garantees that updosing will improve your sleep.  If tolerance is what is happening, then tapering off is the only answer.  It took time for my sleep to correct itself and I address any pain issues I have by methods other than benzos.

I've been having shoulder pain recently so I'll tell you what I've been doing for that.  I've been using ice and heat, over-the-counter muscle creams, stretches/exercises, and anti-inflammatories.

If Temazepam is one of the more milder benzos, I really feel for so many that were on stronger ones.  I am just about finishing my 8th month of recovery from very short term Temazepam use and still am a ways from being healed.  However, I still do not regret my decision to CT versus taper as I became dependent on Temazepam by my 16th day of usage.

Anytime you ct a benzo, even low potency, there will be significant side effects. My regret is that in following the people that tapered Temazapam slowly, they are long gone from this forum. People I communicated with tapering direct 6 years ago, completed their taper in a short time. It’s one of my biggest regrets.