thinking of switching from dry cutting to water titration

[gr...]

Hi , I am thinking of switching from dry cutting to water titration.  What is good to use to dissolve lorazepam? I have read propylene glycol, vodka, or just plain water?  I want to dissolve my current daily dose  split it in 2 doses and remove 1 ml of liquid per day.  But not sure how to dissolve the lorazepam. Thank you!!

[a5...]
I think the safest approach is to obtain a liquid formulation of lorazepam from the pharmacist if one is available where you live.  I think alcohol (e.g. vodka) would be my second choice (100 proof should work better than 80 proof).

Thank you for responding!!  I was thinking about the liquid lorazepam but it only comes in 2mg... I am currently at .2mg of lorazapam. I'm not sure how I would do that. I think the lowest amt. on the dropper for the liquid lorazepam is .25mg  and I think with the liquid lorazepam once you mix it with food or water they say you need to take it right away and cannot be stored....  Not sure what to do. If I dissolve my dosage using the vodka and water can that be stored in the fridge for later?

Thank you!!! :)

We have multiple members who dilute the commercially manufactured oral solutions of their benzodiazepines with water before using them.  If you are interested in specifics, let me know.

To my knowledge, homebrew liquids made with regular lorazepam tablets, vodka, and water have not been tested for stability.  So we don’t really know how long they can be stored or if refrigeration is required.  I have read that lorazepam is subject to hydrolysis and should be protected from light; I also know the commercial solution requires refrigeration.  So, to be on the safe side, I’d probably make small batches (e.g. just enough for a day or perhaps a maximum of 5 days) and keep the homebrew refrigerated.

[a5...]

There are ways to accurately measure out volumes smaller than 0.1 ml.  An adjustable 100 microliter (0.1 ml) pipet costs around $30-$35 on Amazon.  They're very easy to use, and you could use the adjustable 100 microliter pipet until you were down to 0.02 mg.

Or you can make a dilution using regular syringes as Libs has mentioned.

You’re most welcome, gray cloud.  If you are interested in pursuing the other option badsocref suggested (using a compounded liquid), let me know.  I have formulations for two oral lorazepam solutions that are being/have been used successfully by members as well as one for an oral lorazepam suspension.

If using the vodka to dissolve the lorazepam, how long do I leave the lorazepam in the vodka before I can add the water to the mix.

Thank you!!

[a5...]

Options...

1) Simply dissolve the lorazepam into 2 ml of vodka then take 1 ml for your two daily doses.  You can make reductions by taking a little less (0.99 ml, 0.98 ml, 0.97 ml...).  I'd let the (crushed) pill sit in the vodka for at least 5 minutes (with gentle agitation).  Everything I've read supports the drug going into solution if you make it like this, but I've not seen it done like this clinically.

2) Dissolve the lorazepam into 2 ml of vodka then dilute into a larger amount of water (e.g. 200 ml).  Then drink half the mixture twice a day.  Again, you reduce your dose by drinking less of the mixture (99 ml, 98 ml, 97 ml, ...).  Again, I'd let the crushed pill sit in the vodka for at least 5 minutes before diluting.  We really have no 'hard' evidence that this mixture is evenly distributed or how long/short it lasts.  But a fair number of people have tried to make liquid formulations like this.

Either way, you take the same amount of vodka (1 ml per dose, initially).  btw - you can use whiskey or rum or cognac or gin if you prefer.  Just make sure it's at least 80 proof (100 proof is better).

If you do a switch to liquid, I'd just switch one dose first and see how it goes for a week or two.

I agree with badsocref.  We have no 'hard' evidence that this mixture is a true solution (i.e. each and every molecule of lorazepam in the tablet goes into solution when vodka is added and stays in solution when more water is added).

Consequently, to be on the safe side, might I encourage you to treat your homebrew liquid as a suspension not a solution?  Shake it vigorously before you use it and measure your reduction as quickly as possible.  Members who’ve had success with this type of homebrew liquid seem to follow both of these practices.

• 1 month later...

You’re most welcome, gray cloud.  If you are interested in pursuing the other option badsocref suggested (using a compounded liquid), let me know.  I have formulations for two oral lorazepam solutions that are being/have been used successfully by members as well as one for an oral lorazepam suspension.

Hi! Im interested in the formulas. Dry cutting ati is getting rough

I’ll be happy to share the formulations.  However, before I do, will you please start your own thread with a subject heading along the lines of … “Compounded Lorazepam Solutions & Suspensions”?

I’ll be happy to share the formulations.  However, before I do, will you please start your own thread with a subject heading along the lines of … “Compounded Lorazepam Solutions & Suspensions”?

I sure will, thank you!