Author Topic: Please Help. Can't eat.  (Read 1946 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Please Help. Can't eat.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2022, 04:29:43 am »
stitch, why are you so concerned about calories?  I wouldn't worry about them.  Just eat what you can.  I eat brown rice with chicken or hamburger or beef in a stir fry and it doesn't bother me.  Other food that doesn't bother me:  Organic oatmeal with raisins and some syrup in it; bananas; oranges; sprouted whole-grain bread for toast; natural pb. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2022, 05:08:12 am »
Yep I had the same. I had pancreatic insufficiency. I had to take enzymes for at least a year.

Have u tried probiotics and digestive enzymes? They might help? Look into slippery elm too xx

I haven’t tried any of that stuff, yet! I definitely will, though. I was looking at some probiotic drinks today, so I might try some of those and I’ll keep the slippery elm in mind, also! Thank you [...]!

No worries x hope it helps. It’s a time thing for sure but having a few things to help doesn’t hurt xx
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 07:07:46 am »
True is Beck
I've never seen my bones before and that scares me. I want something covering my rib cage and my hips.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2022, 01:45:50 pm »
I feel exactly the same… ive lost 80 pounds since last year going through various withdrawals off of beta blocker heart meds and switching benzos from valium for 16 yrs to xanax for 4 months and then back to valium. I can see my leg bones and my muscles are shrinking rapidly cause i cant walk from weakness and pain… try to eat whatever you can and if you are able to get up and move then do that as often as possible to get things flowing and your body craving nutrients. The gag reflex thing is possibly something that is in your mind because youve had it happen so youre expecting it to happen and then it does again… i would definitely tell your dr about it though
Peace, love, and healing to you

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2022, 08:29:16 pm »
Healing to you as well [...]. Thanks for stopping by. It's very hard physically on us, but seeing ourselves like this is mentally scaring. I will try to eat the best I can. Best wishes to you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2022, 10:04:50 pm »
stitch, how tall are you and how much do you weigh now?  I'm praying for you that will start eating again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2022, 10:52:49 pm »
Healing to you as well [...]. Thanks for stopping by. It's very hard physically on us, but seeing ourselves like this is mentally scaring. I will try to eat the best I can. Best wishes to you.

Hey what smoothies are you making that have 600-900 calories in?
Please can you share ingredients?
Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2022, 11:37:24 pm »
Im not sure my weight but I am 5'5". and it hurts my bones to lie down.

My smoothies have banana, peanut butter and coconut oil in them. Sometimes blueberries.

I have a lot of food reactions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2022, 10:20:12 am »
I know how you feel stitch, I dont know your age, but I’m over 6ft tall and weighed 310 pounds with broad shoulders at 46yrs old… now I’m 47 and have went all the way down to 230 and it’s like my body has become a bag of bones and it hurts because all those bones that were once encased in fat, are now pretty much exposed and move around more, so it causes pain and weird sensations to feel them. I wake up with what feels like arthritis and pains in my shoulders (I’m a side sleeper)
As for diet, make sure you are getting vitamin D… its in eggs, mushrooms, cheerios, milk, ect. Plus you can get vitamin d 3 supplements (they havent hurt me any) if you have to, blend up some of this stuff into something drinkable with some water and just down it. Being weak and bedridden sucks… you are in my prayers. If you can walk at all, go outside and sit for ten minutes when the sun is highest in the sky. Natural sunlight helps make vitamin D also, which helps bone and joint pain

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2022, 12:59:27 am »
[...] you described it. I hate feeling my body like this. I'm not sure if it WD making me weak or the inability to eat enough. Maybe I get a sunlamp? I wish my body would stop having reactions.