Author Topic: Please Help. Can't eat.  (Read 1600 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Please Help. Can't eat.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 05:59:56 pm »
Hi [...] I was going to try indica in fact I bought it but my psych says it hits the same receptors as benzos, did you use it during your taper or after?

Your psych is wrong. As far as I've been able discover, cannabinoids hit the endocannabinoid receptors . . . benzos hit the gaba receptors. But then most docs know diddly about mj. He probably knows he  doesn't know and just doesn't want you messing with the great unknown on his watch. Or he's wedded to his persona as mister-knows-all. He COULD know -- there is quite a lot of credible info available now, but the lack of curiosity of docs (and their arrogance) has long ago ceased to amaze me.

To answer your question, I began vaping indica during my taper. It helped a lot with pain and also helped me eat. I've continued  its use, and investigated and added CBD. I'm in search of the ideal bedtime cocktail. (If I'd known more about CBD during my taper I would have used it for anxiety as it does lower bp.)

Of course I'm not advocating this for anyone, just recounting my experiences.  ::)

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2022, 08:18:56 pm »
I drank this a lot when I couldnít eat. I was very thin and very sick and couldnít stomach food for months

https://www.sustagen.com.au/product/sustagen-hospital-formula-plus-fibre
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2022, 08:39:23 pm »
I will give that a go thank you. Did you have food sensitivities?

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 10:01:59 pm »
Honestly I donít know. I went thru a phase of everything I ate just went straight thru me. Constantly running to the bathroom. Awful x

I force fed or my family would sit and watch me eat. Lots of mash potatoes x

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 11:49:14 pm »
How long did that last for you Beck?

I think I was on a protein liquid diet for about a month.  I lost 50 lbs. when I first got off the poisons.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 01:22:51 am »
I drink a smoothie and am in pain, bloated, nausea for the whole day. I eat chicken and rice and am bloated less, with less pain, still have nausea, but cant get as much down like the smoothie.

I want to avoid the smoothie but there is 600-900 cal in a smoothie and 300-600 cal in chicken and rice.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 01:33:36 am »
Just eat whatever u can honey. Whatever u can keep down x

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 03:58:43 am »
My body still canít figure things out. I was incredibly constipated last night. If itís not one end of the extreme, itís the other. I never had any gagging issues, but I definitely had nausea, bloating, stomach cramping, intense pain, diarrhea, and nausea. It felt like someone filled my stomach with air every time I ate. It hurt so bad. I literally just dealt with most of this stuff yesterday. Today was definitely better. Tomorrow is a crapshoot. :P

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2022, 04:08:14 am »
Yep I had the same. I had pancreatic insufficiency. I had to take enzymes for at least a year.

Have u tried probiotics and digestive enzymes? They might help? Look into slippery elm too xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2022, 04:12:21 am »
Yep I had the same. I had pancreatic insufficiency. I had to take enzymes for at least a year.

Have u tried probiotics and digestive enzymes? They might help? Look into slippery elm too xx

I havenít tried any of that stuff, yet! I definitely will, though. I was looking at some probiotic drinks today, so I might try some of those and Iíll keep the slippery elm in mind, also! Thank you [...]!