Author Topic: Please Help. Can't eat.  (Read 1599 times)

[Buddie]

Please Help. Can't eat.
« on: February 03, 2022, 04:00:02 am »
I gag when I eat food. Im at a dangerously low weight. I can't have sugar, can food,  or things like ensure. Please help me. My doctors have not been trying to help me. How do I get food down? God please help me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Please Help. Can't eat.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:49:17 am »
Hi Stitch, have you tried smoothies or anything like that? Maybe even processing food with something, just to get it down? Also, I know in a post before you were talking about not being able to go to the bathroom. Is that part of things back to normal?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 04:55:35 am »
Stitch, I bought those protein drink mixes in the cans at a health food store that you can mix with milk and I drank those all those weeks I couldn't eat.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 05:06:16 am »
I tried ensure and boost. It hurt my symptoms. I am pooping. I am just so scared. I have tried smoothies. They help but I still cant get enough.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 05:21:32 am »
Can you eat oatmeal? Yogurt? Pudding? applesauce?
Squeezie protein and fruit pouches? Cream of wheat? Chicken noodle soup? Scrambled eggs? Plain thin sliced lunch meat?

As you can tell.... I ate all of these. I wasn't just gagging, I was actually dry heaving majority of the time and sometimes straight up vomiting!

One weird way to keep the nausea at a lower level is to actually try and eat much more often. I literally ate every 2 hours like a baby or something. Keeping food in your stomach sometimes help keep it from feeling as nauseous. And it didn't hurt me at all to eat constantly because I could only eat such small amounts that by the end of the day ( or many times through the night) I would finally have at least some nutrition in there!

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 05:23:58 am »
I can eat but my body will only allow so much food in.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 05:24:24 am »
Does anyone know if a feeding tube is an option?

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 05:33:43 am »
I think youd have to talk with your doctor about the feeding tube and ask. They might be able to put something temporary in. I lost quite a bit of weight as well, but I know that eating frequently through the day can be helpful to some. I was going to try this one product called Huel, to see if I could stomach that. It seems to have a bunch of essential vitamins and natural foods in it. I think its also vegan too, if that helps. Have you tried making a smoothie with oats and veggies in them? Just trying to think of everything possible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 05:45:53 am »
Thank you. I have tried a a smoothie of anything i could manage. My body doesn't want to accept more than 800 calories a day. I'm not sure what to do

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 12:45:44 am »
stitch, why do you think it's happening that your body won't accept too much food?