take 1.0 in the am and 1.5 in the pm

[Ch...]

Even though I'm not ready, these pills are too constipating.  How would you start weaning  the morning 1.0 mg (klonopin).  Please help.

Any probiotic that would help I'm miserable

Charlene,

If you have not tried a liquid taper, I am going to start you off with a link to a short YouTube video that contains an easy taper similar to the one I used:

I'm also suggest you read The Ashton Manual.  It has wonderful taper information in it and it doesn't take long to read:

The Ashton Manual

Preparation is so important to the taper process.  You might also want to read some of the posts here, particularly ones by Bob7 who has good taper info.

I suggest you try prunes or prune juice for the constipation.    :thumbsup:

All the best to you,

Kate08

I crie everyday and would love to know opionions on whether I wan get off the benzo when I' not stabalized.  I just got over covervid.  Very scacred since this is my fourth taper.

Thank you for the opinions

You're the only one who can decide if you want to get off benzodiazepines, this is a very personal decision.  Do you function on them, do they work for you?

What Pam said Charlene....I know you are scared. We all are. I am really scared too but I look to ppl like Pam and Kate  and many others here who went through the pain and said you can get off this stuff and recover. If there were no success stories here of ppl recovering and only suffering even after being off these drugs for years, I don't know if I would have the courage to attempt a benzo detox. Yet, those of us who have not gotten off yet remain in limbo, being benzo sick each day due to drug tolerance.

I honestly think no one wants to take these drugs, even the ppl on them who have yet to become tolerant. When I started taking them in the 1980s, I knew in my gut these things are bad news, but back then, there was no internet or benzobuddies to turn to.

Once you become addicted to benzos, you are sorta stuck taking them, whether you like it or not, bc not taking them makes you become so sick. Since you just recovered from COVID Charlene, why don't you just put the benzo taper on pause for now? The mere fact that you are posting on a site called benzobuddies tells me you do want off these things, but you are very frightened about how much sicker you will become as you go lower in dose bc you are unstable now and feeling awful.

You said this is your 4th taper. Were any of your other tapers successful, even tho you reinstated? Many ppl, including myself, fail multiple times, but I have never given up and I hope to finally conquer this monster one day, but I know it will not be easy.

You're the only one who can decide if you want to get off benzodiazepines, this is a very personal decision.  Do you function on them, do they work for you?

They help me with a anxiety but I have them. (and sleep)

What Pam said Charlene....I know you are scared. We all are. I am really scared too but I look to ppl like Pam and Kate  and many others here who went through the pain and said you can get off this stuff and recover. If there were no success stories here of ppl recovering and only suffering even after being off these drugs for years, I don't know if I would have the courage to attempt a benzo detox. Yet, those of us who have not gotten off yet remain in limbo, being benzo sick each day due to drug tolerance.

I honestly think no one wants to take these drugs, even the ppl on them who have yet to become tolerant. When I started taking them in the 1980s, I knew in my gut these things are bad news, but back then, there was no internet or benzobuddies to turn to.

Once you become addicted to benzos, you are sorta stuck taking them, whether you like it or not, bc not taking them makes you become so sick. Since you just recovered from COVID Charlene, why don't you just put the benzo taper on pause for now? The mere fact that you are posting on a site called benzobuddies tells me you do want off these things, but you are very frightened about how much sicker you will become as you go lower in dose bc you are unstable now and feeling awful.

You said this is your 4th taper. Were any of your other tapers successful, even tho you reinstated? Many ppl, including myself, fail multiple times, but I have never given up and I hope to finally conquer this monster one day, but I know it will not be easy.

Thank you very much.  Yes, I have had sussessful tapers Good luck to you.

I am sorry Charlene. I did read your signature but overlooked your ticker. It says 9 years benzo free. Can you explain briefly? You were off 9 years and then you reinstated? What was your reason for doing so? No judgement from me..... I know life can be tough for anyone, even those who have never touched a benzo.

Hi Pampster - assuming you cold turkeyed because of tolerenace. Do you think that is the same for me., tolereance  Do you think I can wean if I'm I'm have anxiety?  I have a hard time eating. 

Would you speed up the weaning if I'm in tolerance or would you just to the 10%

I am sorry Charlene. I did read your signature but overlooked your ticker. It says 9 years benzo free. Can you explain briefly? You were off 9 years and then you reinstated? What was your reason for doing so? No judgement from me..... I know life can be tough for anyone, even those who have never touched a benzo.

heath crisis over a couple of years.  2012 through2019.  I am very scared to start weaning since I' not in a good place like a was the last times

Hi Pampster - assuming you cold turkeyed because of tolerenace. Do you think that is the same for me., tolereance  Do you think I can wean if I'm I'm have anxiety?  I have a hard time eating. 

Would you speed up the weaning if I'm in tolerance or would you just to the 10%

If you're in tolerance then it looks like your only choice is to taper off, I know it's a terrible choice but raising your dose when it's already so high isn't practical.  I believe you can taper off of this drug even though you have anxiety because we all have it while going through this and many members have been successful and so can you. 

I had trouble eating too but when I recovered I got my appetite back. I feel your taper should be driven by your symptoms, setting goals like 10% or faster is good but its more important in my opinion to stay as functional as you can by tapering slowly, this will hopefully allow you to live your life while you taper.  Some members actually report feeling better when they begin to taper from high doses.

Even though I'm not ready, these pills are too constipating.  How would you start weaning  the morning 1.0 mg (klonopin).  Please help.

Any probiotic that would help I'm miserable

Have you tried psyllium husk for the constipation?