3 years off zop, brutal wave, panic attacks, manic,advice needed.

[le...]

I've suddenly been thrown into brutal wave last few days, getting daily panic attacks. Up to now now no Windows but baseline been fairly level, not good but not like this. I really can't cope with more symptoms on top anxiety and intrusive thoughts, it's totally off the scale. Did anyone experience anything like this before healing. It's worse than acute, hoping it's last hit, otherwise really don't think I'll ever recover from this. How can you be hit with more symptoms like this 19 months after stopping last meds, rapid cycling symptoms. 36 months way too long still be coping with this

Edit: Content

Anyone, feel like my brain is attacking itself. Really wish GP would prescribe something to stop this madness, but won't accept this is withdrawal or give me anything. Really fear I'm going to be like some of the poor people suffering forever on the protracted board at moment. Hope I am wring but doesn't  seem anyone else this far out with no windows that has recovered. Maybe taking other meds dashed my chances of recovery who knows?

I wonder if perhaps trying a different SSRI or something could help? How bad was your response to ssri? If you're saying this is worse than acute then maybe trying an ssri can't hurt?

I wonder if perhaps trying a different SSRI or something could help? How bad was your response to ssri? If you're saying this is worse than acute then maybe trying an ssri can't hurt?

[/quote

No not an option, GP won't give me anything else to try. Not quite so bad today.

are you in physical or mental stress?? My setback get triggered by too much physician activity

No additional stress that I'm aware of.

are you in physical or mental stress?? My setback get triggered by too much physician activity

No additional stress that I'm aware of.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried any dietary changes? I’m usually not one to ask about that, but I wonder if your symptoms might be exacerbated by anything you’re eating? I know that, at least for me, starting an SSRI helped me immensely. Is there any possibility of speaking with another doctor if you really do want to try an SSRI? Otherwise I understand entirely not wanting to put something else in your body.

I'm on slightly restricted diet anyway as had lot UTI's in past and have IBS so have avoid certain things, generally eat healithly. Had lot emotional stress when mother died last year, she was a s**t mother, found out she's lied to me for years, secretly cut me out her will. Coming up to year when she went, so might be that triggering things.

I'm on slightly restricted diet anyway as had lot UTI's in past and have IBS so have avoid certain things, generally eat healithly.  Taken diazapam short term in past when husband was seriously ill and really helped on the bad days, I would take that as I know it helped, but GP refuses give me any . I think AD's really helpful for depression, but I didn't have that when prescribed them.

Well Diazepam is a Benzodiazepine afaik, so that might be the reason why the doctor doesn’t want to prescribe it to you? Especially with what you’re going through.

Given up with any help from the medical profession. Being made to CT caused this, I was fine on zop never had any problems. I firmly believe if stupid GP has listened to me and let me taper I would have recovered long before now. I'm glad the AD's helping you anyway, I know they are beneficial to lit people, I have friends who had good results with them.

Given up with any help from the medical profession. Being made to CT caused this, I was fine on zop never had any problems. I firmly believe if stupid GP has listened to me a let me taper I would have recovered long before now. I'm glad the AD's helping you anyway, I know they are beneficial to lit people.

Make no mistake, every day is still a struggle. I don’t honestly know if the Prozac is helping or if I’m just in a decent window at the moment. I still have Benzo belly issues, as well as OCD type behavior, muscle pain and some other things. The other night it felt like my chest and arms were on fire, but I was shivering cold. Then the feeling moved into my legs and when it did, I was finally able to sleep.

I hope things get better for you. :( Im so sorry you were cut off by your GP like that. It’s absolutely terrible.

Thanks, has eased a bit from couple days ago. Hopefully the AD's are beneficial fir you, I know several people they really helped. Yes the OCD type behaviour hard one to shift. I have read others said the chemical anxiety which triggered mine can suddenly just lift. I live in hope. It could be stuff coming up about my awful mother triggering things. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Thanks, has eased a bit from couple days ago. Hopefully the AD's are beneficial fir you, I know several people they really helped. Yes the OCD type behaviour hard one to shift. I have read others said the chemical anxiety which triggered mine can suddenly just lift. I live in hope. It could be stuff coming up about my awful mother triggering things. Hope things continue to improve for you.

I’m so sorry about your mother, and all the other issues you’re going through. :( I’m keeping you in my thoughts, tonight. I know ALL about the chemical anxiety. That is the absolute worst and it’s terrible that you’re having to try to cope with that. I wish we could wave a wand and heal ourselves through these awful symptoms. They’re truly terrible. Some of the only stuff that helps me anymore is reading posts on the forum, and writing. That’s about all I can do anymore. :(

Hope the meds help you anyway. Yes sure people get fed up with me moaning on here, but it is a lifeline. Does help to know others going through same thing. Early morning here. Have a good night anyway 😊

Given up with any help from the medical profession. Being made to CT caused this, I was fine on zop never had any problems. I firmly believe if stupid GP has listened to me and let me taper I would have recovered long before now. I'm glad the AD's helping you anyway, I know they are beneficial to lit people, I have friends who had good results with them.

It sounds to me like you were happy and functional on the zopiclone and things went to hell when you were forced off CT? Even Ashton noted that ppl who are forced off often don't do well.

Got it in one.I only took a tiny amount 3 or 4 packets a year, had a normal happy life. My GP retired, new GP refused give me anymore, said wouldn't have any problems. If couldn't sleep should take anti depressants. Sound like a drama queen, but she has ruined my life. The wave is easing bit, I'm binge listening to Baylissa's webinars at moment, I took Ashton's guide, and NiCe guidelineswhich is NHS regulatory body to GP, she wouldn't even look at them. I know lit people have problems with z drugs, but for me they were fine. Never had any side effects, or an anxiety before being made to stop.Doctors have a lot to answer for, for what they have done to people on here. Rant over!!

This is something I see that frustrates me. I know that on this forum we all dislike benzos and z drugs, as a rule, as we should.

But as much as we may be angry at our doctors for putting us on them in the first place, often the real damage is done by people being forced off them. People who had no issues at all being on them. People who's lives might be improved immeasurably by going BACK on them, but who aren't allowed.

This is something I see that frustrates me. I know that on this forum we all dislike benzos and z drugs, as a rule, as we should.

But as much as we may be angry at our doctors for putting us on them in the first place, often the real damage is done by people being forced off them. People who had no issues at all being on them. People who's lives might be improved immeasurably by going BACK on them, but who aren't allowed.

We are singing from same hymn sheet. Had I known this would end up ruining my life, would have kicked up a fuss more or got them on line, I know of another lady at my surgery been on them for years, hers are still dished out.. I was considering  tapering off  but my request fir slow taper met with a "blanket" you can't have any more". I'm not advocating using meds, wish I'd never taken them,  more the fact  ignorant, insensitive GP's need take responsibility for their actions. Being made to CT can have devastating and tragic  consequences. My previous GP told me they were non addictive, and kept giving them to me for 12 years, never once was the script reviewed, or trying wean off discussed. I have absolutely no faith in NHS, put in official complaint and was ignored. I'm finding Baylissa's webinars really helpful, most therapy was useless for me with chemical anxiety, but she has real understanding of what you are going through and only thing I've found that actually helps.