HELP - urgent advice needed

[Se...]

After 14 horrible days following my CT (short term user 5mg clobazam - similar to 2mg diazepam -over a month, very sensitive to meds generally) I reinstated at 2mg Valium following my doctor's orders to do an Ashton taper of 10% every 10 days. First day felt great. This evening I had a full blown panic attack which lasted hours (still somewhat in it) and currently having muscle twitches, intrusive thoughts and anxiety. I feel like every time I dose my medication (1mg morning 1 mg evening) I feel great for an hour, then I feel worse than I felt on CT.. Took some zinc and vitamin c I feel slightly calmer now.

Why is this happening? Do I stop the meds? Do I updose?

Should I go back to clobazam? Maybe valium is not working for me...

I am so lost, worried and I am headed on a 3 hour train trip tomorrow and everything scares me. :(

Valium takes awhile to build up in your system, this is why when substituting your benzo for Valium is done in stages that last one to two weeks.  You have two choices, try to push through the pain on the 2 mgs of Valium or if you have any Clobazam left, you might add in a little to help you while the Valium comes fully into effect, this can take up to 2 weeks.

Hi Pamster! I appreciate the quick reply, thank you so much

I've been going through all the posts here and I am wondering whether I am kindled or have reinstated too late, is my nervous system fried or I am having a paradoxical reaction.. :/ some stories are quite frightening..

): today was one of the scariest days of my life following my panic attack

I believe the Valium will work for you but it has to build up first, it needs time.  I don't believe you're kindled, I don't believe your nervous system is fried and it's not too late to reinstate, in fact, it might be a good idea for you to reinstate the Clobazam and do a proper crossover to Valium.  This might allow you to take your 3 hour train trip tomorrow.