valium to klonopin

[Wi...]

I was on klonopin 2 mg for 16 year's. My doctor has tried to taper me to 10 mg diazepam. I have been completely off klonopin for 4 weeks and losing my mind. I was originally supposed to only take diazepam as needed for muscle spasms. I 'am not adjusting well. She said I could go back to klonopin. She want's me to stop valium cold turkey and just go back to the 2 mg. She said that since Im on such a low dose of diazepam that it should be safe. Is this safe? Will I go through withdrawal's. She really doesn't understand benzodiazepines at all. She doesn't know what a Gaba receptor is, never heard of tolerance withdrawal, does not understand that it could take 6 months to year's to get off of. She just kind of laughed and said, no, no, no you will be fine. Im not fine. Im scared.

Hello Wilson197, I'm sorry I'm just now seeing your questions, do you still need help?  It would be helpful for us to know if you stopped the Klonopin cold turkey or if you did a slow crossover?  As of now, your Valium dose looks way too low in comparison to the 2 mgs of Klonopin you were taking. 

Let us know how we can help.