Second Taper Anyone?

[b7...]

[b7...]

Hello -

Has anyone done more than one taper? I feel like a really idiot having to do this again, but maybe someone else has had to do this? Maybe we can be friends hahahaha. Thank you  :smitten:

No, you aren't the only one blessthismess.  We have people join regularly who are tapering again this is one of reasons I got all the benzos out of my possession!  You should get some replies.

I was on benzos for about 10 years and quit cold turkey with little or no withdrawals. That’s why I reinstated when my panic attacks came back. I used my left over pills from the previous years. When I stopped a couple of months later all he’ll broke loose. That’s when I got with a different doctor and decided to taper. I definitely kindled myself because I didn’t know what I was doing about a year ago. This isn’t my second taper but it is my second time on benzos after being completely off them previously.

If you’ve done it before you know it can be done again.

I guess this is like the food addict who keeps junk food in the house after struggling to lose a lotta weight, or ex-alcoholic who has not drunk in years but still has booze in the house. Just one trigger makes the temptation to fall off the wagon easier.

I have personally failed many times to get off and stay off this junk. When I was much younger, I recall getting off xanax for almost a year. It was not easy but I did it. I think excessive workplace stress during this time in my life was the catalyst for having the panic and anxiety return with a vengeance. That in turn caused me to start up again, even knowing how addictive these drugs are and how painful the w/d process is. Go figure--

[b7...]
Thank you both for not making me feel so alone. I actually never got all the way off - just to 0.25mgs of Valium. Here I am back again, very scared to taper but getting more stable. I am hoping so badly that this taper is like my last and I start to heal I get lower. Once this rodeo is over - never again. I am sorry you are in the same club as me, but I truly feel so not alone. Thank you

[b7...]
I wrote a long post about it a little while ago, if you have a peek at my post history. It was a mess of things, but I’m slowly digging out.

I haven't done so yet because I'm scared. My CNS is unstable. So I'm hoping to hunker down for a while. But people have come before us and succeeded. We will have to be slow and careful. Read all you can about holds and tapers. There is a wealth of information here. :)

• 4 weeks later...
This is my third taper I got off years ago and  when I went through menopause I started taking to sleep my dr said it was ok.. well 5 years later it took me 2 years to taper and six weeks later took again for 4 months and I taper again been off 4 months and for the last 3 days I been sick like I am in a wave

I reinstated after about 3 years.  I didn't taper the first time, just CT'd.  Second time I tapered and it went as well as can be expected.  It took forever, 2 years, but I was mostly stable the whole time.

Hi bless ! don't feel alone. I should put THIRD TAPER ANYONE? Yes I had to reinstate for second time a month ago.

Going back to the beginning of my ordeal,  I had a bad reaction to Cipro and a benzo that was hide in another medication 4 years ago. When to the psychitric and put me on clonazepan for 4 months to save me then I tapered it for 7. Then after three months off, due to a supplement (L Theanin) had to reinstate.  Took me 10 months to do that second taper. Two years later now after been off of everything  I had to reinstate again due to stress situation and some weird teas and stupid supplement AGAIN!. I'm in a low dose of clonazepam and never been polidruged. That may help me in my third taper. I only been 1 month on it and hopefully will start a short taper soon.

After taking this poisons we have to be really careful of what we eat and how we live stressful situations. Also come here to BB for information and not read to much about bad stories. People out there take this drugs on and off and most don't have any issues. I think the least you know about what may happen the less will affect you mentally.

Mice

This is my second time coming off benzos. First time, I was prescribed .75 mgs Xanax daily, for a year, 2003-2004.  I came off them because I didn't like how they made me feel anymore and it was a super quick taper, dropped to .5 one month, then .25, then walked off with no problems.  So I was put back on in August 2016 for bad perimenopause symptoms, GAD and anxiety, but a much higher dose, 2.0 mgs Klonopin daily, and spent almost 5 years on them.  I wanted to come off because I got tired of the whole dr. every 3 months and worrying about dr. retiring, came on Benzobuddies about a year ago and realized I was on a very high dose (I didn't know 2.0 mgs k was 40 mgs Valium!  And I know how strong a blue 10 mg V is from taking one years & years ago.) I am going slow this time.

[b7...]

Oh wow - you guys are all so friggin brave! I just made my first cut (0.25mgs) so not much but some progress. I had a very very bad set back in Dec. I knew better than to go back up on Valium but I hadn’t slept in 3 weeks and it was psych ward or Valium. I knew I tapered ok last time so I just did it, regret yes. Valium dosent really even help much anymore, just makes me shaky. I’ve been at this dose for over a month now so starting with small cuts to see how I fare then will go from there! Hope everyone is hanging in there, I am just barely.

• 2 months later...